Friday, January 4, 2008

Episode 72

JASON and WILLIE are walking together away from the Ahpla Dome.

WILLIE thinks - Dag! Dag! Dag!

JASON - Wassup, Willie. How you feelin', baby?

WILLIE - Huh? Oh, uh, I'm cool. How are you?

JASON - Good. What were you doing on the campus so late?

WILLIE - Oh, um, I have to head over to Robin's place. Stacie and them are over there with the Pyramids. So, I was on my way over there.

JASON - Oh okay. What time do you have to be there?

WILLIE thinks - I can't believe Jason walked up, right when I was supposed to meet with Dexter. Dag!

WILLIE - Huh?

JASON - What time are you supposed to be there?

(WILLIE looks at her watch.)

WILLIE - I'm actually already late.

JASON - Oh, okay. Well, we have to make one quick stop before you go over there.

WILLIE - A quick stop?

JASON - Yeah.

WILLIE - Jason, I don't have time to?

JASON - Trust me. It will be real quick.

WILLIE thinks - Lord!

WILLIE - Are you sure Jason because I can't hold sorors up.

JASON - I'm very sure. Just follow me.

WILLIE - Well, where are we going?

JASON - Shhhh. Just follow.

(WILLIE rolls her eyes but continues to walk with JASON.)

JASON - So, what do you think about me running for president of the Pan-Hell?

WILLIE - Huh?

(JASON stops walking and looks at WILLIE.)

JASON - Are you okay?

WILLIE - Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Why?

JASON - I don't know. You just seem like you aren't here -- like your mind is elsewhere. Do you wanna talk about something?

WILLIE - I'm sorry, Jason. It's just that I was thinking about the sorors and the Pyramids. I'm excited for Theresa and Breanna, and I just don't wanna miss any of what's going on over there.

JASON - Oh, okay. Well, let's hurry. I promise I won't hold you up more than five minutes. Okay?

WILLIE - Okay, sure.

(They start to walk again and arrive at JASON's place.)

WILLIE - What you have to show me is in your room?

(JASON is unlocking his door.)

JASON - Yep. This will only take a second.

WILLIE thinks - Goodness! It better only take a second!

JASON - Come on in.

(WILLIE walks in behind JASON.)

WILLIE - So what do you have to show me, Jason?

JASON - Hold on, let me get it. Sit down here. It's in my room.

WILLIE - Okay, well, hurry up. You know I gotta go.

(JASON smiles.)

JASON - I know, I know. I'll be right out. Go ahead and sit down.

WILLIE - Okay.

(WILLIE sits down and JASON goes into his bedroom. He closes the door behind him.)

WILLIE thinks - Dexter looked so sad. This is all my fault. I should have never told him to meet with me in the first place. I'm so stupid.

(WILLIE looks back to see if JASON has reappeared. He hasn?t.)

WILLIE thinks - What am I gonna do now? Should I call Dexter and apologize for leaving with Jason? I mean, Jason is my man. And Dex knows that. And I was going to tell Dex to leave me alone anyway. What better way than to see me walk off with my man. That should send a clear message.

(WILLIE looks at her watch.)

WILLIE thinks - What in the world is Jason doing!

WILLIE - Jason, I gotta go!

JASON - I know, I'm coming right now!

WILLIE thinks - Whatever, man! Dag!

(silence)

WILLIE thinks - I gotta go.

(WILLIE gets up and grabs her bag.)

WILLIE - J, I'll call you when?

(JASON comes out of his room.)

JASON - Okay, you ready to see it?

WILLIE - Jason, I gotta go.

JASON - Come here. Look.

(JASON opens his bedroom door.)

WILLIE thinks - Doesn't this boy take hints! I said I gotta go!

JASON - Check this out.

(JASON smiles and motions for WILLIE to come into his bedroom.)

WILLIE thinks - What?

WILLIE - What is it, Jason?

(WILLIE walks into JASON's bedroom. The lights are off but there are several candles lit. There are pictures and roses all throughout the room.)

WILLIE thinks - What in the world?

WILLIE - Jason, what is?

JASON - It's a photo history of our relationship. If you start here?

(JASON points to a picture on his right side.)

JASON - You can follow along this way. The pictures are in order and the roses represent some of our happiest times. Like remember this day, right here, when we went to the diner and I was so nervous that I spilled soda all over myself? Well, I only placed one rose here because I made a fool of myself.

(JASON points to another picture.)

JASON - But remember this picture right here when we went out and I snapped your picture? You kept asking me why I was taking pictures that night. But that was the first night that you said you loved me. And for that, I put several roses there. So, quickly look around the room, I know you have to leave so I don't want to hold yo?

(WILLIE jumps on JASON and hugs him tightly as tears fall from her eyes.)
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

The ladies of Delta Sigma Theta are with their Pyramid pledgees. STACIE JEFFERSON and her line sisters of spring 90 have come to visit the pledgees. STACIE is speaking with PYRAMID BREANNA as CHRISTIAN enters the room.


(All of the sorors approach CHRISTIAN to embrace her?except STACIE. STACIE walks toward PYRAMID BREANNA.)

STACIE - Are you okay?

PYRAMID BREANNA - Yes...um...Big Sister Stacie.

STACIE - Good. Look, there are some things that you don't even know about?

(STACIE turns and looks toward CHRISTIAN, who is smiling and hugging sorors.)

STACIE - ...and now isn't the time to go into it.

(STACIE looks at PYRAMID THERESA, who is paying attention to every word.)

STACIE - You two just be strong. This is going to be a long night.

PYRAMID BREANNA thinks - Oh God!

STACIE - But trust me...you're almost sorors. And when this is over Breanna?

(STACIE starts to step away as CHRISTIAN approaches the line.)

STACIE - ...you and I will have to have a sit down.

CHRISTIAN - Hello, ladies. Long time no see.

PYRAMIDS - Greetings Big Sister DSTeazy off tha Heazy fo Sheazy My Neazy!

(The sorors laugh.)

PENNY - Okay, that's funny!

MARLANA - Christian, you stupid!

(CHRISTIAN smiles. STACIE and ROBIN look on.)

CHRISTIAN - How you ladies holding up?

PYRAMID THERESA - We are doing okay, Big Sister.

PYRAMID BREANNA - We are maintaining, Big Sister.

CHRISTIAN - Good. I really miss you two. Honestly I do. Now look. I know y'all learned a lot while I was with you. A lot of history and a lot about our chapter. You need to be able to remember all of that and recall it at a moment's notice right now. These sorors are very important to our sisterhood here at Ahpla and you need to respect them. No matter what happens, just stay strong.

STACIE - Robin, I can't take this anymore. I gotta talk to Breanna now.

ROBIN - What are you gonna tell her?

STACIE - I don't know. I just would rather talk to her than Christian.

(STACIE walks up and passes CHRISTIAN. She speaks directly to PYRAMID BREANNA.)

STACIE - Pyramid, come with me.

MARLANA - Yeah Stacie! Get it kicked off, girl! Let me grab the other Pyramid!

(STACIE smiles in acknowledgement as BREANNA follows her to the side.)

STACIE - I need to talk to you now, Breanna.

PYRAMID BREANNA - Yes, Big Sister.

STACIE - Look. You and I never got a chance to speak before you started pledging. Well, not really at least. But I wanted you to know that I don't hold any of that stuff against you that happened. I believe that you didn't know that Alex was married and you just acted naturally. And when you did find out, you ended your communication and relationship with him.

PYRAMID BREANNA - Yes, Big Sister, I did. I'm still very, very sorry about that.

STACIE - I know, Breanna. But there is something that you don't know.

PYRAMID BREANNA thinks - There is? Oh, God, what?

PYRAMID BREANNA - Something that I don't know?

(BREANNA heart jumps as she tries to figure out what STACIE is going to reveal to her.)

STACIE - You have no idea about this, and I don't even know if it is the smartest thing to tell you right now. But, I just go with how I feel.

PYRAMID BREANNA - Big Sister, what are you talking about?

(silence)

STACIE - I'm just gonna come out and say it, Breanna.

(STACIE pauses and looks back at her line sisters who have PYRAMID THERESA against a wall as they are asking her questions.)

STACIE - Breanna, my husband had an affair with Christian.

PYRAMID BREANNA - What!
:: NEW PAGE ::

SCENE 3

MIKE was planning on staying in his dorm room practicing some steps until he gets a call from XAVIER.

MIKE - Hello?

XAVIER - What's up, frat?!

MIKE - Big Z! What's the deal playa?

XAVIER - Yo, man, I got the Scroller over here and we about to learn some greetings but I'm about to get my haze on! You wanna come through?

MIKE - Hell, yeah! It's on! I didn't think he'd be there that quick!

XAVIER - Oh, he is on point, no doubt! But you know how we Nupes do! We 'bout to get crazy hazy up in here!

MIKE - Word! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'll be right over!

XAVIER - Hurry up, frat!

MIKE - I'll be there in 10 minutes!

XAVIER - Cool!

MIKE - Yo baby, yo baby, yo!

(MIKE hangs up.)

MIKE - Now, this is what I'm talking about! It's about time!

(MIKE grabs his cane, spins it, and sticks it in his back pocket. He then reaches under his mattress and grabs a paddle.)

MIKE thinks - This is gonna be off the chain!

(MIKE grabs his coat and throws it on as he walks out the door.)

MIKE thinks - I knew Xavier had it in him! He just needed me to bring it out of him. Make him a little more edgy. He's such a goody two shoes!

(MIKE slams his door and heads down the hall.)

MIKE thinks - I can't wait to see how Brendon responds! I know he'll be okay. If he's as good as I was, then he'll have nothing to worry about. Ha ha ha ha!

(MIKE pushes the button for the elevator and waits for the door to open.)

MIKE thinks - I hope he can learn how to step! We should have no problem taking the step show at homecoming this year!

(The elevator opens and MIKE steps on.)

MIKE - Hey. How you?

MONA - Ehhhhh.

(The elevator door closes.)

MIKE - What's the matter with you?

(MONA just looks at MIKE; rolls her eyes, then looks up at the elevator numbers to see what floor they are passing.)

MIKE - Fine. Just asking.

(MIKE takes his cane out of his pocket and spins it around his fingers. MONA notices.)

MONA - You're a Kappa?

MIKE - Oh, now you wanna speak? When you find out I'm Greek, huh?

MONA - Don't trip pretty boy. I'm Greek, too.

MIKE - You are?

(The elevator doors open and two girls get on. MIKE and MONA step to the back. The doors close again. MIKE motions to MONA to ask what organization she belongs to. She smiles and holds up her pinkie finger. He smiles and the elevator gets to the lobby level.)

MIKE - Hi, I'm Mike.

MONA - Mona. Mona Ferguson.

(They step off of the elevator together.)

MIKE - So, let's start all over again. What's the matter? You look real sad.

(MONA pauses.)

MIKE - What? You don't wanna talk now? Why the sad face on such a pretty face?

(MONA smiles a little.)

MIKE - Come on, you can tell me.

MONA - Well?

(MONA looks around the lobby to see if anyone is listening to her conversation with MIKE.)

MONA - Well, I got in trouble with...um...my chapter. Big trouble.

MIKE - Is that all? I'm sure you can fix it.

MONA - I don't know. Not this time. I really messed up big time.

MIKE - Oh.

(MIKE glances at the clock above the exit door. MONA notices him look at it.)

MONA - I don't wanna hold you up with my issues though. I'm sure you got somewhere to be.

MIKE - Actually, Mona, I do. Dag, I wish I could stay and hear you out.

MONA - I understand. Don't sweat it, Mike. Thanks, anyway.

MIKE - Yeah.

(MIKE turns to leave, then turns back around.)

MIKE - Hey. What's your room number? Maybe I can talk about it with you when I get back.

(MONA smiles but is still looking down.)

MONA - 6-0-8.

MIKE - 6-0-8. Cool.

(MIKE looks at the clock again.)

MIKE - Mona, I really gotta go.

MONA - Yeah, do your thing. We'll talk.

(silence)

MIKE - I wish I didn't have to go, but the meeting that I have to go to is real, real important.

MONA - I hear ya.

(MIKE looks at the clock again. Then turns to leave.)

MIKE - So, I'll see ya later then.

MONA - Okay.

(MONA goes to sit down in the lobby to think. MIKE walks out the front door.)

(silence)

MONA thinks - What am I gonna do? Sorors hate me and...

MIKE - Hey.

(MONA turns around and sees MIKE standing there. She immediately smiles.)

MIKE - My meeting can wait. Let's talk now.

No comments: