Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Episode 5

THERESA has gone to visit BREANNA to discuss pledging Delta Sigma Theta. After introducing herself, THERESA has been invited in.

BREANNA - I don't understand, Theresa. Forgive me but I have been pursuing Delta all semester. I don't remember seeing you at any of the Delta events and I don't remember meeting you before. I honestly thought I was the only one doing this.
THERESA - I am sorry that I have been out of the loop. I have not been around for a lot of things this semester because I have been very sick. I missed some of the events of Delta week and I really don't party that much, so you wouldn't have met me out anywhere. So sorry we never met.
BREANNA - Well that's okay. At least we met now. But another thing concerns me.
THERESA - My sickness? No, it's not contagious.
BREANNA - Oh no, not that.

(THERESA laughs.)

THERESA - I was just pulling your leg girl
BREANNA - Oh...uh...okay.
THERESA - What's your concern?
BREANNA - Well, I don't know a lot about the timing of everything that has been happening to me in regards to intake, especially lately...
THERESA - Uh huh.
BREANNA - ...but it seems as if line may have started for me. I think. Don't you think it may be too late to just be getting started yourself?
THERESA - Maybe. But one thing works in my favor.
BREANNA - What's that?
THERESA - The question isn't what's that. The question is...who's that.
BREANNA - Huh?
THERESA - Willie and I are best friends.
BREANNA - Y?all are?
THERESA - Yeah. We came to Ahpla the same year and hit it off as soon as we met. We served on student council together. I was her vice president.
BREANNA - You were?
THERESA - Yep.
BREANNA - So why didn't you ever express an interest in Delta before? Maybe y?all could've pledged together.
THERESA - That might have been nice, but I really didn't have an interest in Delta before this year. Which is weird because Willie and I do share similar interests.

(THERESA thinks about JASON and smiles.)

THERESA - But it wasn't until I actually observed Willie within the sorority that I became interested myself. I like the work that the chapter does and the organization as a whole. It's real cool.
BREANNA - Wow, interesting story. So she should be happy that her good friend is trying to pledge then.
THERESA - That is what I am hoping.
THERESA thinks - Yeah, I bet she'll be just thrilled!
BREANNA - So how did you find out about me?
THERESA - I have my ways. I have spies all over campus. Hee, hee, hee.

(BREANNA laughs.)

BREANNA - Really? I was thinking that I was so secretive about my stuff. I can't believe you found out that I want to pledge! I never told anyone.
THERESA - Doesn't matter. People know.
BREANNA - Wow.
BREANNA thinks - I wonder if she knows about Alex and me!
THERESA - So let me ask you a few questions.
BREANNA - Sure, go ahead.
BREANNA thinks - Oh God, she is gonna ask about Alex! Please don't ask about Alex or Stacie!
THERESA - You mentioned that you think you started line already. How do you know that?
BREANNA - The thing is, I never can tell when they are being sincere with me or playing some kind of mind game. Ya know?
THERESA - Yeah, that's true. Greeks always do stuff like that.
BREANNA - Yeah. But I think I did start line because at least this time they gave me their big sister names.
THERESA - Really?
BREANNA - Yeah. They had me cleaning and cooking and doing all sorts of stuff and I had to refer to them all by big sister names. And then they had a quick emergency meeting and they sent me home.
THERESA - Really?
BREANNA - Yeah.
THERESA - That's it?
BREANNA - Basically.
THERESA - Hmmm, that sounds strange.
BREANNA - So what do you think?

(silence)

THERESA - Well Breanna, I think we have two tasks. Task one is to make sure you stay on line and task two is to make sure I get on line with ya.


:: NEW PAGE ::


Scene 2

BRENDON and MIKE have just walked into BRENDON and BRANDON'S apartment.

MIKE - You got something to drink up in here?

(BRENDON throws his jacket on the couch and checks to see if BRANDON has been home.)

BRENDON - Uh yeah...help yourself man. You know you ain?t gotta ask.

(BRENDON peeks into his brother's room.)

BRENDON thinks - Man! He hasn't been here!

(BRENDON walks back out and MIKE is sitting on the couch.)

MIKE - Any word from Brandon?
BRENDON - Naw, looks like he hasn't been here at all.
MIKE - I'm sure he's cool.
BRENDON - Yeah.

(BRENDON sits down and turns on the TV.)

MIKE - You okay man?
BRENDON - Yeah...I'm cool.

(BRENDON clicks the remote and changes channels.)

MIKE - Uh...Brendon?
BRENDON - Wassup?
MIKE - You gotta stop on a channel once in a while to see what the program is. You can't change the channels that fast.
BRENDON - Oh, my bad, bruh.
MIKE - Look man, why don't you turn the TV off and we can talk.

(BRENDON clicks the TV off.)

BRENDON - Okay, what you wanna talk about?
MIKE - Well, why are you so glum? I'm telling you that Brandon is fine. They aren't going to do anything to him that he can't handle. He has probably wanted to be a Sigma all his life. So don't sweat it.
BRENDON - You could never understand being a twin.
MIKE - Make me understand. What do you mean?
BRENDON - We feel each other man. When he is upset, I am upset. I thought pledging two different frats was a bad idea in the first place.
MIKE - But he wouldn't go Kappa, huh?
BRENDON - Heck no. And I don't want Sigma.
MIKE - Yeah, I hear ya.
BRENDON - Truth be told, we've never really been apart for any significant period of time. Ya know?
MIKE - Dag! Are you serious?
BRENDON - Yeah.

(The phone rings.)

MIKE - Hey, that might be him.
BRENDON - Yeah! Maybe!

(BRENDON grabs the phone.)

BRENDON - Hello!
DENICE - What's up boy?
BRENDON - Oh...hey D.
DENICE - Don't sound so happy to speak to me. Gosh!
BRENDON - I'm sorry D, I thought it might be Brandon.
DENICE - Oh, he's not there yet?
BRENDON - Yet? Is he coming home? What do you know?
DENICE - Just tell him that I called.
BRENDON - Denice wait! I know you know something! You're a Zeta! I know they can tell you something! Where is Brandon? Is he all right?
DENICE - Lata Bren.
BRENDON - Denice!

(DENICE hangs up.)

BRENDON - Hello! Hello!
MIKE - What happened?
BRENDON - She hung up! I'm gonna kill that girl when I see her!

(As BRENDON is hanging the phone up, it rings again.)

BRENDON - Oh, this is probably her calling back. I knew she was just playing with me. She ain?t funny though, and I'm still gonna kill her!

(BRENDON answers.)

BRENDON - Denice! You ain?t funny!
BRANDON whispers - Bren, this is Brandon.
BRENDON - Huh? Brandon!

(MIKE jumps off the couch and runs to stand beside BRENDON.)

MIKE - That's Brandon?
BRENDON - Yo Brandon! Are you all right man? Where are you?
BRANDON whispers - Look man, I need for you to do us a favor.
BRENDON - Us? Who is us?
BRANDON whispers - Me and my line brothers! Listen man! Get a pen!
BRENDON - Mike, grab me a pen and a piece of paper quick!
MIKE - Okay!

(MIKE runs and looks for a pen in the kitchen and then looks in BRENDON's bedroom.)

BRENDON - Are you okay man?

(BRANDON begins speaking to someone who is next to him.)

BRANDON whispers - No, Big Brother Smooth Blue Lion is not back yet ... I don't know ... yeah, yeah ... I remember ... yeah I remember ... yeah, I got it all ... my brother ... yeah, he can pick it up and ...

(BRENDON has another call coming in as MIKE returns with the pen and paper.)

BRENDON - Brandon! Brandon!

(BRANDON has his hand over the phone receiver as he continues to speak to someone else.)

BRENDON - I got a call coming in! Should I get it?
MIKE - Just make it quick! Tell whomever it is that you will call them back!
BRENDON - Brandon! Brandon!

(BRANDON still doesn't answer but is heard whispering.)

BRENDON - Brandon hold on a second!

(BRENDON clicks over.)

BRENDON - Hello! Hello!
XAVIER - Brendon this is Xavier. I know Mike is there. Put him on the phone.


:: NEW PAGE ::


Scene 3

ALEXIS is at home alone. She is waiting for BOBBY to bring her a piece of cheesecake from the Twenty Four Seven Diner.


ALEXIS thinks - Why did I tell that boy to come over here! I am so stupid!

(ALEXIS walks into the bathroom and throws some water on her face and grabs a towel. She then redoes her hair in a quick ponytail.)

ALEXIS thinks - I'd better put on some sweats. I don't want this fool thinking anything fishy about coming over here. No sense in me keeping these shorts on!

(ALEXIS pulls off her shorts and puts on a pair of Ahpla U. sweats.)

ALEXIS thinks - This is such a bad idea. I know it is. I should've known better than to tell Bobby to come over, no matter what the reason. What is Quinton gonna think?

(QUINTON knocks on the door.)

ALEXIS - Oh no! That must be Quinton! Bobby, you have to hide!
BOBBY - Hide? For what? I don't have to hide from my frat brother. Ha ha ha ha ha!

(QUINTON knocks again.)

ALEXIS - Bobby please! You have to leave!
BOBBY - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(QUINTON opens the door and comes in.)

QUINTON - What's he doing here?
ALEXIS - Quinton, he was just stopping by to...
BOBBY - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
QUINTON - Alexis, what is he doing here!

(QUINTON storms out as BOBBY continues to laugh.)

ALEXIS thinks - Oh God! Why did I invite that fool over! And he knows cheesecake is my weakness!

(ALEXIS walks into her room and picks up the phone. She dials.)

QUINTON - Hey.
ALEXIS - Hey.
QUINTON - How you?
ALEXIS - I am cool. What's up with you?
QUINTON - I am just getting to the library. What are you up to?
ALEXIS - Nothing much. Just chilling. I missed you so I thought I would call and see what you were up to.
QUINTON - Awww, that's sweet. I just got here though and I got some reading to do.
ALEXIS - So you are gonna be there for a while?
QUINTON - Probably.
ALEXIS - Okay, I understand.
QUINTON - Don't sound sad. I'll still stop by later on tonight.
ALEXIS - Promise?

(QUINTON laughs.)

QUINTON - Yeah, I promise.
ALEXIS - What time?

(ALEXIS looks at the time on her alarm clock.)

QUINTON - Probably late. Is that okay?
ALEXIS - That's cool. Take your time. Get your reading done.
QUINTON - Okay, so I will see you later on then.
ALEXIS - Okay bye.

(ALEXIS hangs up.)

ALEXIS thinks - Okay, at least I know not to expect any surprise visits. So now I gotta make sure Bobby doesn't get comfortable and gets out. Oh, and one more thing.

(ALEXIS grabs a picture from her nightstand and brings it into her living room.)

ALEXIS thinks - I need to put this picture of Quinton up right here in plain view. Just in case. Hee hee.

(ALEXIS sits down and turns the TV on. There is a knock on the door.)

ALEXIS thinks - My cheesecake! And my ex.

(ALEXIS sits there until BOBBY knocks again.)

ALEXIS thinks - Can't have him thinking I'm anxious to see him.

(ALEXIS gets up and answers the door. BOBBY is smiling, holding a carry-out bag from the diner.)

BOBBY - What's up Lexi!
ALEXIS - Hello Bobby. I take it this is for me.
BOBBY - Yep.

(BOBBY answers as he walks into the room. He hugs ALEXIS on the way in and kisses her on the cheek.)

BOBBY - How you doing girl?
ALEXIS - Um, I'm okay. Where's my cheesecake? Give it here! Give it here!
BOBBY - Okay, okay, it's right here, hold your horses.

(BOBBY pulls the container out of the bag and hands it to ALEXIS. As she opens it, he sits down and puts his feet up.)

ALEXIS - Gettin' rather comfortable aren't you?

(There is a knock on the door.)

ALEXIS thinks - Oh my God! I thought Quinton just told me that he was in the library! I hope he wasn't playing around and trying to surprise me! Oh God!
BOBBY - I'm not staying long. Just wanted to chitchat for a minute. But answer your door, somebody is a knockin'. Ha ha ha.

(ALEXIS hesitates.)

ALEXIS thinks - God, what am I gonna do?

(There is another knock on the door.)

ALEXIS - I'll be right back.
BOBBY - I'll be right here.
ALEXIS thinks - I hate him!

(ALEXIS opens the door.)

CANDACE - What's up Alexis? You remember my soror, Paula. Well this is
Angelique, Jennifer and Rosalind, my sorors from Amgis College.

No comments: