Thursday, January 3, 2008

Episode 37

After a date at the movies, JERREL has driven CANDACE home and is giving her a goodnight kiss. He is then startled by someone grabbing him from behind from outside of his car.


CANDACE - Thanks for the movie, Jerrel.
JERREL - Oh anytime.
CANDACE - And thanks for everything else. I had a nice evening.
JERREL - You don't have to thank me Candace. I really hope that we can have a lot of nice evenings together.
CANDACE - Me too.

(They stare at each other then lean in for a kiss.)

CANDACE - Good night Jerrel.
JERREL - Good night.

(As they lean in for one last kiss, JERREL feels a hand grab his back from outside the car. He turns around.)

GINA - What in the world are you doing!?

(JERREL turns around, CANDACE looks up.)

GINA - Jerrel what are you doing!
JERREL thinks - Oh sh...
JERREL - Gina!
CANDACE thinks - Gina?

(JERREL opens his car door.)

GINA - What are you doing kissing that girl!
JERREL - Kissing? Gina I wasn't...

(CANDACE opens her car door and gets out.)

JERREL - ...I wasn't kissing her! Let me explain!
CANDACE - What!
GINA - I saw you kissing her!
JERREL - I wasn't kissing her baby! She was trying to kiss me!
CANDACE - What!
JERREL - I was just dropping her off and she tried to kiss me! I was pushing
her off of me!
CANDACE - You liar! Jerrel how can you say that! You liar!
JERREL - Gina, I wouldn't do that to you! You know me better than that!
CANDACE - I don't think she knows you at all!

(JERREL steps in front of GINA's face so that she can't look at CANDACE.)

JERREL - Gina, remember when I was telling you about the faculty member on the videotape with the female student? Well this is the student who gave me that video!

(GINA looks JERREL in the face.)

JERREL - She gave me the video that I told you about! With the professor and his student!

(GINA looks around JERREL and at CANDACE.)

GINA - Is that true?
CANDACE - Yeah, but nothing else he's saying is true! Me and my soror met Jerrel at Pharoahs!
GINA - Your soror? What are you?
CANDACE - I'm a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated!

(CANDACE says it with attitude.)

GINA - Oh just a Sigma Gamma Rho!

(GINA gives attitude back.)

CANDACE - What! And what are you? A dag'on Delta?
GINA - Far from it! Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated!
CANDACE - Far from it but worse off!

(JERREL steps in front of GINA again.)

JERREL - Baby look...

(GINA looks up at him. She is so mad that she is about to cry.)

JERREL - ...let's just go to my place. We can relax and talk about this. Okay?
CANDACE - I can't believe this! You have a girlfriend! I should've known! You're such a dog!

(JERREL ignores CANDACE.)

JERREL - So what do you say Gina? Let me take you home.

(silence)

GINA - I'm not going anywhere...with you at least!
JERREL - But wha...but why not?
GINA - Because I need some time alone! Now leave me alone!
JERREL - But baby...come on Gina!

(GINA turns to walk away.)

JERREL - Gina wait!

(GINA keeps walking.)

JERREL thinks - Dag!

(JERREL turns around, CANDACE is standing there staring at him.)

JERREL - So...uh...can I call you like tomorrow?

(GINA pulls out her cell phone.)

GINA thinks- I can't believe this! I don't know what to think or what to
believe!

(GINA dials as she wipes tears from her eyes.)

GINA thinks - But I know who I need to talk to!


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

CHRISTIAN has dropped off BREANNA at the Omega house so RONNIE and DEXTER wouldn't be bored. THERESA has just shown up to help her future line sister.

(There is a knock on the door.)

DEXTER - It's probably Christian coming to get her girl.

(DEXTER gets up and goes to the door. He opens it.)

DEXTER - What are you doing here?
THERESA - I came to help my future line sister! And since I just spoke to Willie and I know what's in her heart, I came to help you too!
DEXTER - What?
THERESA - Let me in and I'll tell you.

(DEXTER opens the door.)

DEXTER thinks - Willie?

(THERESA walks in and runs to stand next to BREANNA.)

RONNIE - What in the world?

(BREANNA takes THERESA's hand and holds it.)

THERESA - I request a blindfold so I can be like my future line sister!

(RONNIE looks at DEXTER who looks back at him.)

RONNIE - That's what I'm talkin' about! That's what I want to hear!

(RONNIE runs into the kitchen to get something to blindfold THERESA with. In
the meantime, DEXTER approaches her.)

DEXTER whispers - Theresa, what were you talking about with Willie?
THERESA whispers - Dex, I remember when y'all were together. Y'all were the campus' biggest couple.
DEXTER - That was a long time ago Theresa, what are you talking about?
THERESA - It wasn't that long ago and just like I remember it, I know you do too.
DEXTER - So what if I do? She obviously has moved...

(RONNIE comes back in with a small dish towel.)

RONNIE - Yeah, now we gonna see how much they know! Ha!
DEXTER - Man, you got issues!
RONNIE - Just step out of my way and let me work!

(RONNIE ties the towel over THERESA's eyes. BREANNA squeezes THERESA's hand harder.)

THERESA whispers - It'll be alright. Just follow me.
RONNIE - Okay now! The Greek alphabet! Give it to me! Now!
THERESA - Alpha beta gamma delta ep...
BREANNA - Alpha beta gamma delta ep...
RONNIE - Wait, stop! One at a time!

(BREANNA squeezes again.)

THERESA - Alpha.
BREANNA - Beta.
THERESA - Gamma.
BREANNA - Delta.
RONNIE - Stop! Stop! This is too easy.

(RONNIE rubs his chin.)

RONNIE - Let's make this interesting! Say the Greek alphabet, one at a time,
backwards!

(RONNIE smiles.)

BREANNA - Um...Omega.

(THERESA shakes BREANNA's hand and jumps to turn around. She turns her back
to RONNIE. BREANNA understands what THERESA has done because of her hand
movement. She follows and turns around as well.)

THERESA - Alpha!
BREANNA - Beta!
THERESA - Gamma!

(DEXTER laughs loudly.)

DEXTER - Hey, don't get mad, dog. You said backward! Ha ha ha ha ha! They got
you!
RONNIE - Man shut up!
DEXTER - But you know what bruh? I am pissed that they just made my frat look
stupid dog! They just played you!
RONNIE - I don't look stupid.
DEXTER - Man yes you do! I think they should get punished for making you look
so dumb!
RONNIE - I mean, they didn't make me look that dumb. It was an easy question.
DEXTER - Naw dog, I feel your pain! I feel you bruh! Let me take them upstairs and work on them for a minute!
RONNIE - You wanna take them up to...
DEXTER - Exactly! This will only take 15 minutes! You know how I do!

(RONNIE smiles.)

RONNIE - Oh yeah! I know how you do! Ha ha ha ha! It's about time you broke out of your mold, Bone Crusher!
DEXTER - I just needed to get warmed up!

(BREANNA's hands are trembling.)

DEXTER - So I'll be right back down with them!
RONNIE - Okay cool bruh, hey but don't kill 'em okay? We gotta return 'em in one piece! Ha!

(DEXTER grabs THERESA by her arm.)

DEXTER - Ha ha ha ha! I got you man!

(DEXTER leads the two up the stairs and into his room. He slams the door closed.)

BREANNA - Don't hurt us!
DEXTER - I'm not gonna hurt y'all. Take those silly blindfolds off.

(They take their blindfolds off.)

DEXTER - I wanted to get you alone, Theresa, to talk to you about Willie. Why are you bringing all this up? She's moved on and has a new boyfriend now.
THERESA - But she doesn't like him...well actually...she does likes him...

(DEXTER looks away. THERESA smiles.)

THERESA - ...but she loves you.


(They start to kiss again and JASON quickly moves to WILLIE's neck.)

WILLIE - Oh yes Jason! Oh yes!
WILLIE thinks - That feels so...good!

(JASON moves down to her chest.)

WILLIE - Yes Jason! Yes!

(WILLIE puts her head back and closes her eyes. She raises her voice.)

WILLIE - Oh yeah Jason!

(WILLIE screams.)

WILLIE - ...Oh Dex!


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

DENICE and SHARONDA have just pulled up at the Phi Beta Sigma frat house. They have rushed there from the hospital visiting BRANDON and want to share the good news that BRANDON seems to be gaining his memory back.

DENICE - We're here! Let's go knock on the door.
SHARONDA - The house looks dark.
DENICE - Yeah, but when boys are on line, that could mean anything girl.
SHARONDA - True true.

(They get out of the car and knock on the door. No one answers.)

SHARONDA - Knock harder. Maybe they're in the basement.

(DENICE knocks harder as SHARONDA tries to peak in the window.)

SHARONDA - I'm gonna walk around back.
DENICE - Okay.

(SHARONDA walks around to the back of the house while DENICE walks back to her car and grabs her cell phone. She dials SALEEMA.)

SALEEMA - Hey D.
DENICE - Hi. Listen, do you know where frat went? Me and Sharonda are at the frat house now looking for them.
SALEEMA - Sharonda? That soror don't come around unless we're having a party or when someone is pledging! I swear!
DENICE - Nevermind that right now. We got some good news! Brandon is regaining his memory!
SALEEMA - He is? How? What happened?
DENICE - Well...the doctor had told him to try and listen to things from his past. And something was heavy enough, that one event may help to bring him out.
SALEEMA - Really? That's great! What exactly did you tell him that helped him come back to us?
DENICE - Um...

(silence)

DENICE - ...uh, something that happened way back in high school.
SALEEMA - Oh. Well that's a good idea, if you take it back to back in the day, that may help and help him to regain everything that has happened at least since then. Ya know?
DENICE - Uh...yeah. Well anyway, I wanna tell Hayden and the frat so they can bring him back in.

(SHARONDA walks back to the front of the house.)

DENICE - So do you know where they are?
SALEEMA - Oh my God! They went to cross the Crescents!
DENICE - What?
SALEEMA - Corey called me and asked me if I wanted to come through but I told him I had to study.
DENICE - But wouldn't they be doing it here in the frat house?
SALEEMA - No, he mentioned something about a secret location! I don't know where it is!
DENICE - Well do you know the name of it?
SALEEMA - I don't know! Dag, he mentioned something about where the brothers always go! Somewhere where they take the Crescents every year. But I don't know what it is called and where it is!
DENICE - Do you have Hayden's number?
SALEEMA - I sure don't. Wait, if Corey called here, I should have his number
on my caller I.D.
DENICE - Oh that's right! Hurry!
SALEEMA - Okay hold on.

(SALEEMA checks her caller ID.)

SALEEMA - Okay, call this number. 727-1445.
DENICE - Cool, I'll call you back!

(DENICE quickly hangs up and calls.)

SHARONDA - What's going on?
DENICE - Saleema said that frat went to cross the Crescents but she doesn't know where they are going to do it at. But she gave me Corey's number so I can find out.
SHARONDA - Cool.

(DENICE listens as COREY's phone rings.)

ANSWERING MACHINE - Blue Phi! You have reached the fraternity house of Phi
Beta Sigma fraternity Incorporated, here at Amgis College! Please leave a mess...

(DENICE hangs up.)

SHARONDA - What happened?
DENICE - It was the phone number to the frat house here! Dag! What are we gonna do?
SHARONDA - I have an idea! Get in the car! Let me drive!

(They rush to get back into the car.)

SHARONDA - Give me your cell phone! Hurry!

(SHARONDA takes off as she grabs the cell phone and dials.)

SHARONDA - Come on! Answer!
BRANDON sleepily - Hello?
SHARONDA - Brandon! Brandon wake up!
BRANDON - What? What's wrong?
SHARONDA - Your big brothers have left to go and cross your line brothers!

(BRANDON pops up in his bed.)

BRANDON - What!
SHARONDA - Yeah! We gotta work fast!
BRANDON - Oh no! Oh no!
SHARONDA - Brandon, do not panic! We just gotta work fast!

(BRANDON gets out of his bed.)

BRANDON - Why are they leaving me? What are we going to do?
SHARONDA - They don't know that you are getting better. They just don't know.
BRANDON - What are we gonna do? I can't leave the hospital!
SHARONDA - Listen to me very carefully Brandon!

(SHARONDA turns the corner and speeds to the expressway.)

DENICE - Where are we going?
SHARONDA - Brandon, where would your big brothers be crossing the line at?
BRANDON - Huh?
SHARONDA - If you guys weren't in the Sigma frat house, where were you?
BRANDON - Uh...I don't...I don't...
SHARONDA - Listen to me! You have to remember! Now come on!
BRANDON - Uh...
SHARONDA - This ain't about no prom questions or what high school did you go to or do you remember your first kiss from Denice! This is important! Now think man! Think!
BRANDON - I'm trying!
SHARONDA - Nevermind try! Do! Do it! Unlock it Brandon! Where would your big
brothers be crossing the line at?

(silence)

BRANDON - I got it! The valley! They would go to the valley!
SHARONDA - That's my boy! Now, do you remember where the valley is?
BRANDON - Yes! Yeah, um, it is half the distance between Ahpla and Amgis! I know that the brothers used to take us there and then they said that in the
end, we would go in as Crescents and come out as Sigmas!
SHARONDA - Can you tell me how to get there?
BRANDON - Yeah, um...you know the old railroad?
SHARONDA - Yeah, I know where that is?
BRANDON - Well if you go behind the old station house, there is a dirt road. That leads to the area. I remember because I would peak through my blindfold!
SHARONDA - I did the same thing! Okay Brandon, good work! You sit tight and I'll call you back!

(SHARONDA hangs up and comes to a screeching halt at Ahpla University.)

DENICE - What are we doing here? What did Brandon say?
SHARONDA - Hold on, I'll be right back! We don't have a lot of time!

(SHARONDA jumps out of the car and runs inside.)

SHARONDA thinks - I gotta hurry!

(She bangs on the door and it opens.)

SHARONDA - Hurry up! Put on something blue!
BRENDON - What? Why?
SHARONDA - Because you have to be your brother! We're gonna cross you into Phi Beta Sigma for him tonight!

No comments: