Friday, January 4, 2008

Episode 62

TRINA has come to LARRY's room to study for their class. In the midst of her visit, she begins to come on to LARRY.

LARRY - Um..yeah...so, um where do we start?

TRINA - Start?

(TRINA leans her body way across LARRY to grab the first page of Chapter Two. She stares deep into his eyes and comes very close to his face.)

TRINA - We can...start...

(She smiles.)

TRINA - . . . wherever you want.

(LARRY uneasily shifts in his seat and slowly pushes himself an inch away.)

TRINA - You ready for me, Larry?

(TRINA closes the inch space between them.)

TRINA - Because I am definitely . . . ready for you!

LARRY - Uh . . . Trina?

(LARRY moves away again, this time a little further.)

LARRY - . . . Trina, there's something that I think I need to tell you about me.

TRINA - Mmmmmmm, hmmmmmmm.

(TRINA is smiling in LARRY's face.)

TRINA - I'm listening.

(TRINA is still leaning in and LARRY cannot move over any more. He decides to stand up.)

TRINA - What's wrong?

LARRY - Oh, nothing . . . nothing.

TRINA - Don't you want to get a little cozier with me, so we can . . . study?

LARRY - Um . . . Trina?

(TRINA stands up and steps toward LARRY.)

TRINA - Is it just me or is it hot in here?

LARRY - Uh . . . no . . . it's not just you . . . uh . . . ha ha . . . it's definitely a bit warm?

(LARRY is backing away.)

TRINA - Well, why maybe I should take off all my clo. . .

LARRY - No! Don't do that! Trina . . . sit down.

TRINA - What's wrong?

LARRY - Sit down. I need to tell you something about me.

(TRINA pauses, but reluctantly sits down.)

LARRY - Trina?

(LARRY pauses.)

LARRY - . . . Trina you are a very attractive girl. Actually, you are fine!

TRINA - So, what's the problem?

LARRY - The problem is Bobby.

TRINA - Bobby?

LARRY - Yeah, Bobby.

TRINA - Bobby who?

LARRY - Come on Trina. I know all about you and Bobby's relationship.

TRINA - Me and Bobby never had a quote-unquote, relationship.

LARRY - I know you didn't. I know all about it. I know how you two used to mess around when he was still dating Alexis. I know you two used to have pretty strong feelings for each other.

TRINA - Used to. That's past tense.

LARRY - Yeah, but I make it a point to not "double dip."

TRINA - Double dip?

LARRY - Yeah, I don't mess with any girl that one of my chapter bros has already messed with. It's just a policy.

TRINA - Well, that's silly. That's negates everybody on Ahpla's campus!

LARRY - Maybe that's why I don't have a girlfriend. Ha ha ha ha!

TRINA thinks - No, maybe it's because your jokes are dry as hell!

LARRY - So anyway, although I find you super attractive?

(LARRY looks TRINA up and down one more time.)

LARRY - . . . I mean super duper attractive, I would appreciate it if we could just read the chapters that we're supposed to read. Okay?

(TRINA looks disappointed.)

TRINA - Fine.

LARRY - Good.

(LARRY sits back down and TRINA moves over. She pulls her skirt down.)

LARRY - Where were we?

TRINA - Right here on page?

(TRINA glances at he watch as she reaches for the page.)

TRINA - Oh gosh! Look at the time!

LARRY - Huh?

TRINA - I didn't realize it was getting so late.

(LARRY smiles.)

LARRY - Yeah, how about that.

TRINA - Well, I guess I better get going. Don't wanna be here too late.

LARRY - Yeah, don't wanna be a night owl. Whoooo whoooo!

TRINA - Yeah, whatever.

(TRINA gets up and grabs her coat, LARRY laughs to himself as he looks at TRINA's short skirt.)

TRINA - We gotta do this again sometime Lar.

LARRY - Sure . . . Tri. No doubt. Like, as soon as humanly possible.

(TRINA smiles as LARRY helps her with her coat.)

TRINA - Well, good luck with the rest of your studying.

LARRY - You, too. And hey, thanks for coming by.

TRINA - Anytime.

(LARRY opens the door and TRINA walks into the hallway.)

LARRY - Y'all come back now . . . ya hear?

TRINA - Uh, yeah. Whatever.

(LARRY closes the door and starts to laugh.)

LARRY - Now that was funny! Ha ha ha ha ha!

(LARRY picks up his phone as he plops back down on the couch. He grabs his textbook and opens it on his lap. Then he dials.)

BRUCE - Hello.

LARRY - Wassup, baby!

BRUCE - Hey!

LARRY - Let me tell you what just happened! You are gonna die laughing when you hear this!
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

ROBIN just read a letter drafted by CHRISTIAN and delivered by the Pyramid pledgees, BREANNA and THERESA.

(ROBIN stares sternly at both pledgees as she slowly tears the letter up.)

PYRAMID BREANNA - Big Sister Jeopardy, where we not supposed to return the letter to Big Sister DSTeasy Off the Heazy fo Sheazy My Neazy?

ROBIN - I don't care. Sit down.

(They both quickly sit.)

ROBIN - Don't move.

(ROBIN leaves the room and goes into her bedroom. She closes the door behind her.)

PYRAMID THERESA whispers - What do you think is gonna happen now?

PYRAMID BREANNA whispers - I don't know, but Big Sister Jeopardy scares the heck out of me!

PYRAMID THERESA whispers - Me, too!

PYRAMID THERSA thinks - Did I just say that Robin scares me?

(ROBIN dials on her phone in her room.)

WILLIE - Hello.

ROBIN - Hey, did you get a letter from Christian?

WILLIE - Yeah, the girls brought it by.

ROBIN - What did you do with it?

WILLIE - Nothing, I gave it back to them. They were supposed to take it with them so I handed it back.

ROBIN - I know you didn't believe that bull crap! Why did you give it back?

WILLIE - Did you get one? What did you do with yours?

ROBIN - I tore it into little pieces! Chris ain't on my cool list right now.

WILLIE - I felt kinda bad when I heard it. I thought it was sincere.

ROBIN - Well, how do you think Stacie felt when she realized that her chapter soror? I can't even say it.

WILLIE - No, you're right. I hear ya.

(silence)

WILLIE - Well we can't cut her off? I mean, what do you want to do ex-communicate her?

ROBIN - No. No.

(ROBIN pauses.)

ROBIN - But let me be pissed for a minute okay?

(WILLIE laughs.)

ROBIN - But on a serious note, we got an issue we need to take care of ASAP.

WILLIE - The pyramids.

ROBIN - Exactly. You need to make the executive order. Make a decision on how to handle it.

WILLIE - Well, I've already done that. I think you need to take it from here and finish it.

(ROBIN smiles.)

ROBIN - I agree.

WILLIE - I can't handle it with all I got on my plate. Between student government, Delta and Dexter, I just got too much.

ROBIN - Who? What did you say?

WILLIE - I said, between all that I have to do right now, I can't handle it.

ROBIN - No, you said, Dexter.

WILLIE - No, I didn't. I said, Jason.

ROBIN - No, no, you said, Dexter! Let me find out!

WILLIE - Girl, stop trippin'. Trust me, it isn't like that. You know I love J.

ROBIN - Uh, huh. We'll talk about this later. Now back to business.

(WILLIE laughs.)

ROBIN - How much more do the girls have to do according to the schedule?

WILLIE - Not much. They are actually approaching the end.

ROBIN - I know. It can't be too much more.

WILLIE - But, of course Chris, has all the stuff.

ROBIN thinks - Dag!

ROBIN - That's right.

(silence)

WILLIE - You want me to call her and get her to bring it to me?

ROBIN - Um . . . no. Let me talk to her.

WILLIE - Robin?

ROBIN - I'll behave. Just let me talk to her about it.

WILLIE - Okay. But don't do anything crazy, aight? I know how you are.

ROBIN - Trust me.

WILLIE - Well, call me back as soon as you talk to her and tell me how it goes. I'm gonna wait for you to call me back.

ROBIN - Okay, cool.

WILLIE - Okay, bye.

ROBIN - Later.

(They hang up. ROBIN pauses and thinks to herself. She then smiles and dials CHRISTIAN's number.)
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

BOBBY has followed PAULA out of the dorm. He is trying to talk to her but she is refusing to listen.

BOBBY - Paula, wait! Wait!

(PAULA continues to walk away from BOBBY. He catches up to her.)

BOBBY - Paula, listen to me.

PAULA - No! I'm tired of listening to you, Bobby! You're full of it!

BOBBY - No, wait, let me explain!

(PAULA stops and spins around. So quickly, BOBBY almost bangs into her.)

PAULA - Okay, fine Bobby! Fine! Explain! Explain how you haven't changed your
triflin' ways! Explain the concept, once a dog, always a dog! Explain how you got me looking stupid?

(Tears begin to well up in PAULA's eyes but she is remaining forceful and pointing her finger in BOBBY's face.)

PAULA - . . . in front of my sorors! Explain making me look like a fool!

BOBBY - Wait?

PAULA - Go on! Make it sound good!

BOBBY - If you would just listen, that girl means nothing to me! She's a freshman for God's sake!

PAULA - And I must not mean anything to you either Bobby! So what, that she's a freshman! Is that supposed to make me feel any better? Huh!

BOBBY - Well, no, but?

PAULA - I knew I shouldn't have trusted you! I knew it!

BOBBY - Huh? Why would you say that, Paula? Come on baby; don't throw it all away! Please!

PAULA - Why not! You did!

BOBBY - No, I didn't . . . I just . . . messed up!

PAULA - Oh, God!

(She turns and begins to walk away.)

BOBBY - No, Paula wait please! Hear me out!

(She stops again. This time she has tears running down her cheeks.)

BOBBY - Paula, I know I haven't loved you the way that I always should have. And I am wrong for that, dead wrong. But believe me when I say that I care about you more than any girl I've ever met! And that is the truth! As much as I cared about Alexis, she doesn't hold a candle next to you!

(silence)

BOBBY - And I need to work this out with you! Whatever it takes, I will do it okay? I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I will do whatever you want, but please just don't close the door on me.

(PAULA turns and begins to walk away.)

BOBBY - Paula!

(She doesn't acknowledge him.)

BOBBY - Paula, please!

(BOBBY is standing alone.)

BOBBY thinks - Dag! I'm an idiot! Dag!

(BOBBY begins to walk toward his dorm. He then begins to run.)

BOBBY thinks - I gotta call her! I gotta call her!

(He begins to run faster and he pulls out his cell phone and dials.)

BOBBY thinks - Come on answer!

REGGIE - What's up man!

BOBBY - Reggie! I need to talk to you! It's an emergency!

REGGIE - What's wrong man? Where are you?

BOBBY - Bruh, Paula caught me!

REGGIE - Huh?

BOBBY - Paula ran into this freshman that I met in the library a few weeks ago and the chick blew my cover! Paula is pissed!

REGGIE - So what's the emergency?

BOBBY - I'm serious man! She's pissed and she won't hear me out!

REGGIE - Bobby, you always bring this stuff on yourself, and then look for one of us to give you some answer from heaven or somewhere to fix your situation. How about this for a solution, stop cheating? Ha ha ha ha?

(click)

BOBBY thinks - Whatever!

(BOBBY gets to his dorm and runs inside. He runs past the students who speak to him without acknowledging them as he passes.)

AISHA - Hey, Bobby!

JULIA - Hi, Bobby.

CYNTHIA - Bobby!

(BOBBY ignores them and runs straight for the stairs. He quickly runs up two steps at a time and gets to his floor. He runs to his room and is out of breath when he enters. He immediately dials Paula's cell phone.)

PAULA - Leave me alone!

BOBBY - Paula?

(click)

(BOBBY redials.)

PAULA - I said to leave . . .

BOBBY - Just listen to what I am about to tell you!

(click)

BOBBY - Dag!

(He redials.)

VOICE MAIL - You have reached Paula. Please leave a message and have a
Sigma-riffic day! God bless!

(BEEP)

BOBBY - Paula, this is Bobby. Well, I guess you know that. But anyway, listen.
I know you're upset and you have every right to be. If I were you, I'd be upset too. But hear me out when I say that I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. I do care about you and I love you, and I don't want to lose you. You mean the world to me, for real. And if you would just?

(BEEP)

BOBBY - Dag!

(He starts to re-dial and there is a knock on the door.)

BOBBY thinks - Paula!

(He runs and opens the door.)

TRINA - I need to speak to you because I'm tired of my name still being
attached to yours!

No comments: