Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Episode 26

CANDACE is at home. She has been studying and is tired now and takes a break.
She plops down in front of the television and grabs the remote.


CANDACE thinks - I wonder what's on TV.

(She turns the TV on and starts to go through the channels.)

CANDACE thinks - Nothing on as usual.

(CANDACE remembers that there is a tape in her VCR.)

CANDACE thinks - Oh shoot, I never played that tape that crazy Christian left
on the bus that day. With her crazy butt, you never know what she could be
watching.

(CANDACE grabs her remote for her VCR and turns it on. She presses play then
gets up to get something to drink. She nonchalantly listens from the kitchen
as the tape begins.)

ALEX - Oh you tease!
CANDACE thinks - Tease? What in the world...

(She hurries back and stands in front of the TV.)

CHRISTIAN - So how are you maintaining? A lot has happened.
ALEX - Yeah, a lot has. It has really been hard. Hard on me. I haven't seen
the kids. Stace won't let me see them.
CANDACE thinks - Hey, that's Dr. Jefferson from psychology! What is this, an
interview?

(CANDACE cannot see CHRISTIAN but she can hear her voice.)

CHRISTIAN - Really?
ALEX - Not at all. She is really trippin'.
CHRISTIAN - Well don't you think you gave her good reason to flip out on you
like that?
ALEX - I guess.
CHRISTIAN - You guess?
ALEX - Yeah, I guess so.
CHRISTIAN - Alex, you had the girl shooting a gun at you. If I didn't help
you out and let you come over that night, you would've been arrested for
indecent exposure! Luckily for you I was nice enough to let you in.
ALEX - Yes, you have been a treasure Christian. Thank you.
CHRISTIAN - You're welc...

(CANDACE sees ALEX make a move toward the camera in CHRISTIAN's direction.)

CHRISTIAN - Whoa whoa, slow your roll there, partner. I told you about that.
ALEX - Aw, come on Christian, how long has it been now?
CHRISTIAN - Good things come to those who wait, sweetie.
ALEX - Ooooh, you entice me! You know you do.
ALEX - What are you working on?
CHRISTIAN - A writing assignment. Not a big deal, pretty simple.
CHRISTIAN - So tell me again, exactly how did this whole thing happen Alex?
ALEX - I told you, I mean, I am not in love with Stacie.
CHRISTIAN - But why didn't you go to her and tell her. Then you two could
have split on amicable terms.
ALEX - Because she isn't hearing that. She just had two babies for Christ
sake.
CHRISTIAN - So you decide to get up on a student in the meantime? One of your
students at that? That makes a lot of sense.
CANDACE - What!
ALEX - I don't want to talk about Breanna.
CHRISTIAN - Why not? Think I'll get jealous?
ALEX - I like your style, Christian. Well, Breanna is special. When I first
met her, I knew it was something special.
CHRISTIAN - What about the teacher-student thing?
ALEX - It happens. You would be surprised how much it happens on Ahpla's
campus. Let alone some other schools.

(CANDACE stops the tape and stares at the TV screen.)

CANDACE thinks - I don't believe this! I don't believe it! Dr. Jefferson
cheats on his wife with students? Oh my God!

(CANDACE picks up the phone.)

CANDACE thinks - This is some mess! I can't believe this!

(CANDACE dials.)

JERREL - Hello.
CANDACE - Jerrel, this is Candace.
JERREL - Hey! How you doin'?
CANDACE - Um...I don't know.
JERREL - What's wrong?
CANDACE - You work in administration right?
JERREL - Yeah. Why?
CANDACE - Are you busy right now? Can you come over?
JERREL - Sure. You cookin'? Ha ha ha.
CANDACE - I hadn't planned on it. But I need to discuss something with you
and it is kind of serious.
JERREL - Oh okay. Well I'm on my way. How do you get to your place?
CANDACE - I live in Whiteside Plaza.
JERREL - Oh okay. I know where that is. I'm on my way.
CANDACE - Okay.
JERREL - See ya in a few.

(They hang up.)

JERREL thinks - I wonder what the problem is.

(JERREL gets up and goes into his closet to get his coat. He then calls into
his bedroom.)

JERREL - Babe, I gotta run out for a minute. You need anything?
GINA - Yeah, get me one of those chocolate sundaes from McDonald's, okay?
JERREL - Sure hon.


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

MIKE has opened XAVIER's door and sees 15 members of Kappa
Alpha Psi.






SCROLLER MIKE thinks - Oh my God!
DAVE - What? You don't know how to speak?

(MIKE straightens up quick.)

SCROLLER MIKE - Greetings, big brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity
Incorporated!
DAVE - That's more like it. Now step aside.

(MIKE steps aside and all of the brothers pass him to enter the room. MIKE
then closes the door behind them.)

DAVE - Yo! Yo!
XAVIER - Frat! What's up bros!
DAVE - Choir boy! Ha ha ha!

(DAVE and XAVIER hug.)

DAVE - What's the deal, my brotha?
XAVIER - Chillin' man. I see you brought the whole crew!
RICKY - Yeah, we doin' this family reunion style!
MIKE thinks - Oh my God! Oh my God!

(Everyone takes turns hugging XAVIER.)

BRIAN - We came to see how Mike is doing.
MIKE thinks - Wow, they already know my name!
BRIAN - We want to see if he is representing our chapter the right way. And
if not, we can always tighten him up a little.

(Everyone laughs except MIKE.)

XAVIER - That's cool B. Hey, see for yourself man. Y'all get comfortable.
Anybody want something to drink? Mike happens to be a great bartender.
CHARLES - Yeah, get me something. Whatever you got.

(MIKE turns to hurry toward the kitchen.)

CHARLES - But first...

(MIKE stops.)

CHARLES - I want Mike to tell me who I am first.
KAPPAS - Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
DAVE - See, you startin' up already! Ha ha ha!
CHARLES - Might as well get the ball rolling. Come here Mike.

(MIKE hurries over.)

CHARLES - I pledged here at Ahpla three years ago. And I'm a deuce. Who am I?
MIKE - You are big brother Charles Ramsey! Your line name is Citizen
Kane! The name of your line is the four Kloaks of Darkness also called
Mission Impossible!
CHARLES - Yo! Yo! Good work! Now get my drink!

(XAVIER smiles.)

CHARLES - Yo, he's tight like that?
XAVIER - He's cool. You know me and Gregg ain't gonna pledge no slackers.
CHARLES - True!

(MIKE comes back.)

DAVE - Hey, me next. I pledged here and...
MIKE - You are big brother Dave Williams. Your line name is Diamond
D. The name of your line is the four Kloaks of Darkness also called Mission
Impossible.
DAVE - Wait, how did you know who I was before I told you about myself?
MIKE - I saw your line number and year on your jacket big brother
Dave!
DAVE - You got this dude tight, Choir Boy.
XAVIER - I told ya.
KEITH - I pledged here two years ago and I'm a six.
MIKE - Big brother Keith Russell. Your line name is Nupaholic. The
name of your line is Kosmic Fusion.

(XAVIER smiles.)

ARNOLD - Hey, I pledged with him. I'm his front.
MIKE - Big brother Arnold Washington. Your line name is The Krimson
Extension. The name of your line is Kosmic Fusion.
ARNOLD - Dag! This kid knows all the answers! Ha ha ha ha!
GREGG - Then let me start asking the questions.

(Everyone turns around. No one saw GREGG enter the room.)

ARNOLD - Gregg! Yo! Yo!
GREGG - I bet I can ask Mike a few questions that he can't answer.
ARNOLD - Then let's get it on!

Meanwhile at the Omega house...

DEXTER - Dre, you ready to get this talk started?
DRE - Yeah. Let's get it on.
DEXTER - Cool. I'll get Ty.

(DEXTER leaves the room to get TY.)

DRE - What you think man?
RONNIE - Ty is good. You did a good job with him, bruh. He is definitely ready
to cross the burning sands.
DRE - Thanks. Y'all's support was important though.
RONNIE - You know we got your back dog. Fo sho.

(DEXTER comes back with TY behind him.)

TY thinks - Gotta stay pumped! Gotta stay pumped! Gotta stay pumped!
DRE - Ty.
TY - Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
DRE - Ty, the brothers are not impressed with your performance on line so
far. We need to talk to you.
TY thinks - Gotta stay pumped! Gotta stay pumped!
DRE - Since there is concern about your progress into Omega, we're gonna need for you to explain your motivation to be here in the first place. You need to convince us that we made the right decision to bring you into the hood.

(TY thinks back to the Delta event that he attended last semester with RONNIE
and DRE.)

RONNIE - We make sure that we put out quality events like this as well as
doing community service. You know what I mean? Being Greek ain't about always stepping or showing off. It is about bringing the mentality of our people to that next
level.
DRE - That's right. Do you think you are ready for that Ty? I don't know if
you are ready for a commitment like Omega.
TY - Oh I am, I definitely am. I understand exactly what you're saying.

(silence)

TY - I do know one thing...

(RONNIE and DRE look at TY for his next statement.)

TY - There are some fine honies in here tonight!

(TY thinks of how stupid of an answer that was as he prepares to speak to his
big brothers now.)


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

JAHANNA arrives at her room. She has to rush to get changed in order to meet
PJ and attend the AKA interest meeting. She only has a few minutes left.






JAHANNA thinks - Oh my goodness! I only have five minutes left and I'm not
dressed!

(JAHANNA is hopping into her room as she tries to take her shoe and shirt off
at the same time.)

JAHANNA thinks - What in the world am I gonna...

(BAM)

(JAHANNA trips and falls on the floor.)

JAHANNA - Ow!

(She stumbles to her feet and throws her shirt off. She races to her closet
and throws out a shirt and skirt.)

JAHANNA - Dag this shirt is wrinkled! I can't possibly wear this!

(She quickly grabs another shirt.)

JAHANNA thinks - This doesn't really match!

(She looks at the clock on her desk.)

JAHANNA thinks - Oh God! Time is up!

(She starts to put on the shirt anyway when her cell phone rings.)

JAHANNA - I hope that's not PJ!

(She answers as she falls on the floor squirming out of her jeans.)

JAHANNA - Hello? Hello?
PJ - Where are you? I said be out front!
JAHANNA - I'm on my way down, PJ!
PJ - Well, hurry up!

(click)

JAHANNA thinks - Dag!

(JAHANNA throws off her jeans and bumps into her nightstand. Her lamp falls
and a picture falls over. She doesn't pay it any attention.)

JAHANNA thinks - I have to look poised! I need to calm down but I don't have
time! I'll have to get myself together in the elevator!

(She quickly pulls on panty hose, throws on her skirt and shirt, grabs a folder and runs out of the room with lipstick in her hand.)

JAHANNA thinks - I already made PJ wait two minutes! No wonder they don't
want me! Dag!

(In the elevator, she applies her lipstick and tucks her shirt in. She plays with her hair as the elevator doors open. She wipes the sweat from her forehead and calmly walks out front to where PJ is waiting.)

JAHANNA - Hi PJ. Sorry it took me so long. I had to find the right thing to
wear.
PJ - The right thing? That shirt doesn't even match. Forget it, come on.We're gonna be late. We have a long way to go.
JAHANNA - A long way? Which building is the meeting in?
PJ - Building? Who said the meeting was here at Ahpla?
JAHANNA - Huh? Well, if it isn't at Ahpla, what school is it at?

JUNE - The Amgis sorors are real cool. They are very hospitable.
BUCK - Good. I know most of them through Renee. They are real down to earth.
JUNE - Seems like it.

(JUNE is speaking to BUCK from inside the bathroom of his dorm room at Amgis.
She is applying her makeup for the interest meeting.)

BUCK - You almost ready to head out?
JUNE - Yeah, give me one more minute okay?
BUCK - Yep.

(BUCK walks from his room and leans against the bathroom door looking in.)

BUCK - I don't know why it takes you so long to get ready. You are already
the prettiest girl around. You can't do anything to improve that.
JUNE - Awww, aren't you the sweetest?

(JUNE walks out and kisses BUCK.)

JUNE - Let me grab my jacket. I'm ready.
BUCK - Okay, let's go.
JUNE - You know you don't have to walk me there. I can just go since you have
some reading to do.
BUCK - I need the air. I'm getting kinda sleepy and if I don't take a walk,
I'll doze off.
JUNE - Okay cool. Thank you.
BUCK - Plus I get to at least see you for 15 more minutes.
JUNE - You're pouring it on kinda thick, aren't you? Hee hee.

(BUCK smiles.)

JUNE - But don't stop.
BUCK - Flattery gets me everywhere huh?

(They both laugh as they leave BUCK's room and walk toward the interest
meeting.)

JUNE - It's nice out here.
BUCK - Yeah. The weather is always beautiful at Amgis College.
JUNE - Oh whatever! Ha ha ha.

(They grab each other's hand and walk to the building where the meeting is.)

BUCK - There it is, right over there.
JUNE - Oh yeah, I see some of the sorors' cars parked over there. And it looks like a lot of people are here.
BUCK - Yeah. These interest meetings are usually well-attended.
JUNE - Thanks for walking me, Buck.
BUCK - No problem. So call me when you get back to your campus okay?
JUNE - I sure will. I'll hook up with PJ and be straight.
BUCK - I should be up because I have to read those chapters. So I will wait for your call.
JUNE - How sweet! But you can't keep me on the phone all night like you
usually do. I have to get up early tomorrow.
BUCK - Okay I won't. I just want to make sure you make it back okay. That's all.
JUNE - That's cool. Come here.

(JUNE leans in to kiss BUCK.)

BUCK - Wait, I don't want to mess up your lipstick.
JUNE - I don't care about that. You better kiss me boy. How often do you get
a chance to kiss on a fine girl from Ahpla like me.
BUCK - Ha ha ha ha ha! Good point!

(They kiss.)

BUCK - Have fun.
JUNE - See ya.

(JUNE walks toward the building where a lot of female students have gone in.
BUCK turns and walks back toward his dorm.)

JUNE thinks - Buck is the sweetest guy in the world. Who would've thought?

(JUNE looks back but BUCK is already gone.)

JUNE - I wonder if PJ and Jahanna are here yet?

(JUNE looks down at her watch and she is startled as someone grabs her arm.)

JUNE - Derrick! You scared the mess out of...what in the world are you doing
here?
DERRICK - June baby, I need to talk to you...now.

No comments: