Thursday, January 3, 2008

Episode 46

XAVIER is about to admit to APRIL that he has feelings for her soror SHAREESA.



APRIL - Xavier, we are friends regardless. Whatever it is, you can tell me.
Whether we are together the way that I want us to be or not, we are always
friends. So you can feel free to tell me.
XAVIER - Thank you April.

(XAVIER smiles).

XAVIER - Well here is the deal. See, I also have feelings for...

(A key turns in the door and it opens.)

PJ - April! Wait until I tell you...oh...I didn't know you had company.
XAVIER - Hi PJ. What's going on girl?
PJ - I'm good. How are you man?
XAVIER - Blessed over and over.

(PJ and XAVIER hug.)

PJ - Listen April, I can leave if...
XAVIER - Oh no, we were just chit chattin' about a few things but I was just on my way out.
APRIL thinks - I can't believe this!
PJ - Oh no, I feel so bad. I didn't mean to break up you guys' evening.
XAVIER - No no, it's fine. Right April?
APRIL - Oh yeah...right...fine.
XAVIER - Yeah, it's kinda late so I'm gonna step over to the crib. I'll talk to you ladies later okay?
PJ - Sure Xavier. See ya.
APRIL - I'll give you a call okay?
XAVIER - Please do.

(XAVIER smiles as he hugs APRIL and PJ.)

XAVIER - See y'all later. Don't forget, we're stepping on the yard for Mike
and all of the old head nupes are gonna be there.
APRIL - Okay cool.
XAVIER - Aight good night.

(XAVIER walks out as PJ closes the door behind him. APRIL falls back on her
bed and pulls her pillow over her face.)

PJ - April I had no idea he was here girl! I am so sorry! Why didn't you put
a note on the door or something?

(APRIL comes from under the pillow.)

APRIL - I didn't have time. I was surprised he wanted to come upstairs and then we just started to talk. Every time I take a step forward with Xavier, I wind up taking two steps back.
PJ - Wow. And I think you two would be so cute together.
APRIL - Me too!
PJ - Well I am really sorry. I got here early because I rushed home. You will not believe what happened at Amgis tonight!
APRIL - Oh that's right, sorors had their interest meeting. How was it?
PJ - It was actually very nice. Sorors did a good job. Renee grilled Jahanna about not being an Amgis student. It was funny but Jahanna held up and did okay. She probably made a good impression on sorors.
APRIL - That's good. But how do you plan to get around the fact that she probably won't be able to pledge at Amgis?
PJ - Let me worry about that. But that isn't the big news of the evening.
APRIL - It isn't?
PJ - Girl, that fails in comparison to what I am about to tell you!
APRIL - Ooooh sounds good. Do tell.

(PJ plops down next to APRIL on her bed.)

PJ - Guess who was at the interest meeting waiting to see June?
APRIL - Waiting to see June? Who?
PJ - Derrick!
APRIL - Derrick? What?
PJ - Yes girl! He was at the interest meeting waiting on June, just to tell her not to date Buck!
APRIL - Huh? I thought he was playing basketball in Portland?
PJ - He is! That is the crazy part! He came all the way back, just to tell her that!
APRIL - You're right! This is a crazy story!
PJ - But it doesn't end there! He also said that Buck is shady and shouldn't be trusted...and that he has proof on Buck!
APRIL - What! What's the proof?
PJ - We don't know! June never waited around to hear him out.

DERRICK - Hear me out Buck...

(DERRICK and BUCK are walking to the basketball court.)

DERRICK ...I know why you're seeing June.
BUCK - Oh you do?
DERRICK - Yeah I do. You are dating her to piss me off. The only reason you are seeing her is because you know that by doing so, it really hurts me. Well here's the deal. Yeah, you got me, I'll admit it. But if you really want to get at me, beat me in ball.
BUCK - What?
DERRICK - You know as much as I do that our passion is right here!

(DERRICK points to the court and bounces the ball.)

DERRICK - If you really want to hurt me...beat me.
BUCK - I can beat your sorry butt, but what is the deal?
DERRICK - Here is the deal. If you do beat me, I leave you alone about June. Y'all ride off happy into the sunset. But if I win, I tell her the real reason that you are with her...to make me jealous.

(BUCK smiles.)

BUCK - You know what D? I almost want to take you up on that offer just so I can beat you and shut you up for good. But I'm not going to.
DERRICK - What's the matter bruh? Scared?
BUCK - No. I'm not taking that deal because the real reason I am with June is because I care about her. I don't reduce her to a game like you do. I support her, unlike you when she wanted to pledge. She is smart, funny, and fine and if you think I am going to lose her to an idiot like you over a basketball game, then you are dumber than I thought!

(BUCK laughs.)

BUCK - I'm gonna make sure you never get June back. Not because I beat you at ball. But because I'm gonna make her so happy, she's gonna forget about you. So you can go be happy with Bobby's kid and Caryn!

JUNE thinks - Isn't that Caryn's Mercedes truck that Derrick bought? Why the
heck is it parked outside of Buck's house?


:: NEW PAGE ::
SCENE 2

TY is on campus talking with friends when he notices two ladies of Delta
Sigma Theta walking across the yard.



TY - Excuse me y'all. I'll be right back.

(TY jogs across the yard until he almost catches up to them.)

TY - Roooof! Roooof! Rooooooooof! Roooooof!

(ROBIN and WILLIE turn around.)

WILLIE - Oh my goodness!
ROBIN - Oooooooo ooooooop!

(TY jogs up and WILLIE throws her arms around him.)

WILLIE - Congratulations Ty! You are finally a bruh! How does it feel?
TY - It feels great! I feel Omegarized!

(TY turns to hug ROBIN.)

ROBIN - Well you look great! I see the bruhs didn't kill you. Hee hee!
TY - Thank you!

(They hug.)

WILLIE - You look totally different Ty! When we came to see you that night
you looked so pathetic and beat-down!
TY - Because I was pathetic and beat-down! Ha ha ha ha! Ronnie was no joke on
me. I'm talking 24 hours a day, seven days a week. He was on me.
ROBIN - That's right! That's how it's supposed to be done.
TY - And you were no help, Big Sister Wreakin' Shop!

(TY playfully pushes ROBIN.)

ROBIN - Hey, I was just trying to help.
TY - Help? You came with a better stroke then Dexter! Don't tell him I said that though! Ha ha ha! But how the heck do you consider that helping?
ROBIN - I wanted you to have a very memorable experience coming into the brotherhood. And I know that that is something you will always remember!
TY - You got that right! Never forget!
WILLIE - Are you out here with any other bruhs?
TY - No, I was just talking to some other friends over there. What are y'all
up to?
WILLIE - We were walking to the student council office. I have some paperwork
to finish up.
TY - That's cool. Don't let me hold you up. I will accept any gifts given on
my behalf. Jackets, paddles, shirts, hats, key chains, etc. etc.

(They all laugh.)

ROBIN - I got a gift for you! I keep it in my trunk. You want me to get it out?
TY - No thanks! I know how you handle yours Robin! I'm glad we are family now!

(TY puts his arm around ROBIN.)

WILLIE - You're silly. Well anyway good seeing you. Tell Dre to set something
up for us to celebrate.
TY - Cool!
WILLIE - And maybe we'll have some girls that you can help along.
TY - Really? Cool!

(WILLIE smiles.)

WILLIE - You ready Robin?

(TY still has his arm around ROBIN.)

ROBIN - Willie give me a minute. I will catch up to you over at the office.
WILLIE - Okay cool girl. See ya later Ty...I mean bruh.

(TY smiles.)

TY - Roooooof!

(WILLIE turns and walks away. TY takes his arm from around ROBIN and they
face each other.)

ROBIN - It really is good to see you on this side of the fence Ty.
TY - It is good to be on this side of the fence. I can't tell you how crazy
it got at times.
ROBIN - Oh I know. I got stories too.
TY - Maybe we can exchange stories one day.
ROBIN - Maybe we can exchange stories one night.

(silence)

TY thinks - Oh word?
TY - That's cool. What you got in mind?
ROBIN - I just think we should hang out. You know, so I can get to know you a
little better.
TY - That's cool with me! Real cool with me.
ROBIN - You know how to cook?
TY - Heck yeah. I can throw down.
ROBIN - You can?
TY - I didn't tell the bruhs that. They would've had me up in the frat house
like a chef! Ha ha ha!
ROBIN - Heck yeah they would've! That's messed up that you didn't tell. We
all could've been eatin' good!
TY - You would've done the same thing and not told.
ROBIN - True true. Smart man.

(TY smiles.)

TY - Thank you.
ROBIN - So you cook huh? What you gonna cook for me when you come over?
TY - What you want?
ROBIN thinks - Don't let me answer that question!
ROBIN - Why don't you surprise me?
TY - You got it.
TY thinks - Oh it's about to be on!
TY - So when we gonna do this?
ROBIN - No better time than the present. What are you doing tonight?

(silence)

ROBIN - Ty, I asked if you were busy tonight.
TY - I'm sorry Robin, hold that thought.

(TY is looking across the yard in another direction.)

TY - I gotta catch someone across the yard, I'll be right back.
ROBIN - Wait...huh?

(TY takes off running.)

ROBIN thinks - What in the world?
TY thinks - I ain't missing this opportunity! This is the first time I've seen
Trina since line!


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

MIRI is lying in his bed when there is a knock on the door.


MIRI - Come in!

(The door opens.)

GINA - You always leave your front door unlocked?

(GINA walks in and closes the door behind her.)

MIRI thinks - Oh my God she looks good!
MIRI - Ha ha ha. No, I'm just too weak to keep getting in and out of bed to
open it. Some of my big brothers have been dropping in to check on me and my
line brothers will be next.
GINA - Gosh Miri, I still can't believe you are on line! But it's so good to
see you. Can I hug you?
MIRI - Of course you can baby. I ain't glass. Ha ha ha.

(GINA walks over to the bed and leans over. She carefully hugs MIRI and he
pulls back because it hurts his side.)

MIRI - Still a little sore.
GINA - Oh sorry.
MIRI - Gina, it is so good to see you. Here, sit right here.

(MIRI makes room for GINA next to him on his bed. She sits down and puts her
feet up.)

GINA - So Miri, I am so confused. First I don't talk to you in forever...then
you call me out of the blue...
MIRI - Out of the blue...no pun intended?

(GINA laughs.)

GINA - I see you haven't lost your cornball humor.

(They both laugh.)

GINA - But then you call me out of the blue and you are pledging? This is
something that you said you would never ever do.
MIRI - I know.
GINA - Well what the heck happened?
MIRI - Well, for one thing I was mad ignorant. I was talking a lot of hate
about fraternities and sororities and I never really researched them.
GINA - This is true.
MIRI - And Brandon came to me and asked me about Sigma and I was like,
whatever man. But I went along with it because he needed an extra guy to tag
along. In doing that, I started to read about Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity
Inc. and I saw some of my heroes as members. Huey Newton...
GINA - Yeah, I remember you liking him a lot.
MIRI - A. Philip Randolph, and some more brothers. Then once I met the
brothers at Amgis and the guys who wanted to pledge, that sealed it for me.
GINA - Wow.
MIRI - The only bad thing is that I lost contact with you. Everything
happened so fast, as a matter of fact, because of this car accident, this is
the first time I have had a moment to breathe.
GINA - Well, that is how pledging is. Ha ha ha ha.
MIRI - I see! But I really wish I could've spoken to you about things. I
wanted to ask your advice about stuff before I made my decision. When I
didn't have time to find you, I prayed on it and decided that it was in my
heart and it was what I wanted to do.
GINA - Man! Well I am sorry I wasn't there for you Miri. I have been out of
the loop myself.
MIRI - So what have you been up to? What's new in Gina's world?
MIRI thinks - Please don't say you have a man! Please don't say you have a
man!
GINA - Well...I have a man now.
MIRI - Really? Good for you. Who is he?
CANDACE - Jerrel...wait.

(JERREL raises up a little from on top of CANDACE.)

JERREL - What's the matter?
CANDACE - I think we may be going just a little bit too fast.
JERREL thinks - Dag!
JERREL - I totally understand. Let's cool it down some okay?

(JERREL gets up and resumes his seat next to CANDACE. She sits up and fixes
her hair.)

JERREL - I didn't mean to rush things Candace. It's just that...
CANDACE - Oh no, you don't have to apologize. You have been a perfect
gentleman since we met. It's just that...well I still don't know if I am
ready for...
JERREL - Say no more.

MIRI - Say no more.

(GINA is surprised.)

GINA - What? It bothers you when I talk about my boyfriend?
MIRI - No...well...I don't know.
GINA - Miri, I didn't know that you still...look, when you decided to date
Mona, I thought you had moved on from me. That broke my heart, but I had to
move on as well. And it isn't everyday that you find a good man. And Jerrel is
a good man.
CANDACE - Jerrel, you are a good man. I know that. You have treated me kind
and with respect and I appreciate it. I just don't want to be leading you on.
JERREL - You aren't. I like you, Candace, and I would like to learn more about
you. So whatever that takes, it's cool with me. You can lead me baby!

(They laugh.)

JERREL - But if this is too fast, on a serious note, we can slow it down. Is
that okay?
GINA - Are you okay, Miri?

(MIRI turns away and tries to sit up on the end of the bed.)

MIRI - I don't know what I expected by inviting you over Gina. It's my fault
for losing contact with you. It's just that, right now, I don't know what
hurts worse...my ribs or my heart.
GINA - Oh Miri.

(GINA pouts.)

GINA - You and your words. Always the poet.

(GINA grabs MIRI's hand and he turns back around to face her. They stare at
each other in silence until the telephone rings.)

MIRI - Perfect timing.
GINA - Uh...yeah.
GINA thinks - Saved by the bell!
MIRI - Can you pass me that phone?

(GINA hands it to him.)

MIRI - Thanks. Hello?
AHMAD - Miri! Miri this is Ahmad!
MIRI - What's up? What's the matter? Why are you talking so fast?
AHMAD - It's Brandon! He lost his memory! He doesn't remember a thing!
MIRI - What!
AHMAD - He hit his head in the car and now he doesn't even recognize his twin
brother!
MIRI - What!? Oh no!
AHMAD - It gets worse! Dean and the big brothers think that they're gonna
have to remove him from our line because he doesn't remember any of the Phi
Beta Sigma information!

No comments: