Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Episode 24

JAHANNA has called OCTAVIA to inform her that she will no longer pursue Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. While on the phone however, PJ calls JAHANNA to tell her about an AKA interest meeting at Amgis College.

OCTAVIA - Hello?
JAHANNA - Hi Octavia, it's Jahanna.
OCTAVIA thinks - Jahanna?
OCTAVIA - Hey Jahanna. What's up girl?
JAHANNA - I'm okay, how are you?
OCTAVIA - I can't complain. What's going on?
JAHANNA - I need to talk to you about something... important.
OCTAVIA - Okay. What is it?
JAHANNA - Well... I need to let you know that...

(There is another call coming in on JAHANNA's cell phone.)

JAHANNA thinks - Dag!

(JAHANNA looks at the caller I.D. display on her cell phone.)

JAHANNA thinks - PJ! Shoot! Should I click over?
OCTAVIA - You need to let me know what Jahanna?

(silence)

JAHANNA thinks - Let me tell Octavia about my decision first. Then I can click over and talk to PJ.
JAHANNA - Um... Octavia, I need to talk to you about my desire to...

(Her phone beeps again.)

OCTAVIA - Is that your phone? Do you have another call coming in?
JAHANNA - Uh yeah, but it's okay, I can just...
OCTAVIA - Go ahead and answer it. I'll wait.
JAHANNA - Are you sure?
OCTAVIA - Yeah, go ahead.
JAHANNA - Okay.
JAHANNA thinks - Octavia is so nice.

(JAHANNA clicks over.)

JAHANNA - Hi PJ.
PJ - Jahanna, what are you doing right now? You aren't busy are you?
JAHANNA - Um... not really, I am on the other line with Octavia.
PJ - Okay hang up with her, I got something really important that I want you
to do.
JAHANNA - But... I was just going to tell her that I'm not going to...
PJ - Just listen to me! Hang up with her! Tell her you're gonna call her back or something! Hurry up!
JAHANNA - Uh... okay. Hold on.

(JAHANNA clicks back over.)

JAHANNA - Hello, Octavia?
OCTAVIA - Yeah, I'm here. What's up?
JAHANNA - Uh...uh...uh...
OCTAVIA - What is wrong with you Jahanna?
JAHANNA - Uh...I gotta go, but I'll call you back okay?
OCTAVIA - Is everything okay Jahanna?
JAHANNA - Yes, I'll just have to call you back.
OCTAVIA - Whatever you say.
OCTAVIA thinks - Weird chick. She'd probably break under the pressure of line. Maybe it's a good thing she's not doing it.

(They hang up and JAHANNA clicks back over to PJ.)

JAHANNA - PJ, I'm back.
PJ - Good. Okay listen to me very carefully. Put on a suit.
JAHANNA - A suit? But what...
PJ - Do you still have your transcript handy?
JAHANNA - My transcript? Well, uh, yeah.
PJ - Grab your transcript. Make sure your hair is done, makeup and everything.
JAHANNA - Why am I doing all this?
PJ - We're going to an interest meeting.
JAHANNA - What!
PJ - You don't know what an interest meeting is?
JAHANNA - Well yes, but I thought...
PJ - Don't think. Just be out front in 10 minutes.
JAHANNA - Ten minutes? That's not enough time! I'm on campus in the...

(click)

JAHANNA - Hello? PJ!

(PJ has hung up. JAHANNA screams.)

JAHANNA - Oh my God!

(All the other students in the reading lounge look at JAHANNA like she is
crazy.)

JAHANNA - Sorry.

(JAHANNA jumps out of her seat, throws her stuff in her bag and dashes out
the door.)

JAHANNA - Oh my God! They've reconsidered! The chapter is giving me another
chance to pledge!


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

GREGG is giving DENICE a massage at her place.



DENICE - Nobody gives a massage better than you Gregg! Ooooh!
GREGG - Oh, you know it baby! You know how G does.

(GREGG pours more oil in the palms of his hands and rubs them together. He
puts his hands on DENICE's back and continues the massage.)

GREGG - And nobody takes a massage as good as you Denice.

(DENICE giggles and closes her eyes.)

GREGG thinks - This girl is so cute!

(GREGG bends down and kisses DENICE on her back.)

DENICE thinks - Uh...what the...

(GREGG kisses her back again and again.)

DENICE - Stop, Gregg.
GREGG - What?

(DENICE starts to sit up and pull her shirt back over her head.)

GREGG thinks - Oh no!
GREGG - Wait baby, don't get up yet.
DENICE - Naw, Gregg. I told you we aint gettin' down like that. Massage is cool, but you trying to take this somewhere else and I ain't down with that no more.

(GREGG puts his arms around DENICE.)

GREGG - Don't you miss me baby? Remember how it used to be?
DENICE - Oh yeah, I remember. I remember better than you do. I remember that
you have a girlfriend.

(silence)

GREGG thinks - Dag!
GREGG - Why we gotta talk about that?
DENICE - Gregg, you are so full of it.
GREGG - What?
DENICE - You sure know how to ruin a mood, Gregg.
GREGG - I ain't the one who stopped.
DENICE - Yeah, but you should have been the one. You are in the relationship, not me. Don't you ever feel guilty at all? I knew this was a bad idea. Listen Gregg, why don't you just go now?
GREGG - But wait...
DENICE - I'm not going to be played Gregg. You're not going to get my emotions all involved and run back to your girl. Leave me out of the drama okay? Just go.
GREGG thinks - I am such an idiot! I went too fast and screwed up!
GREGG - Okay Denice, I'll go.

(GREGG gets off the bed and puts his shoes back on.)

GREGG - Listen, I'm sorry I made you upset. You know I didn't mean to. I do
care about you and I don't want to hurt you.
DENICE - Shut up Gregg. All you do is hurt people. How can you look me in the face and tell me that you never mean to hurt me when you intentionally came over here using me to cheat on your girlfriend? That's not supposed to hurt me? Huh? After you get up and leave, how does that leave me feeling?
GREGG - But...
DENICE - And I told you to not try anything. You convinced me to let you give me a massage, and the next thing I know, you are trying to lick my back. Just go, I don't even want to talk about this anymore.
GREGG thinks - She's right. I need to get up out of here right now before this gets worse. I'll let her cool off and call her back in a few days when she misses me.
GREGG - Okay. I guess I'll see you around. I'm sorry again.

(GREGG turns and leaves without another word.)

GREGG thinks - Dag, that was stupid! I gotta polish up my game a little better.

(As GREGG gets to the elevator, he pulls out his cell phone.)

SHAREESA - Hold on Xavier, my other line is ringing.
XAVIER - Okay.

(click)

SHAREESA - Hello?
GREGG - Hey baby. I just wanted to call and say I love you.
SHAREESA - Oooh, I love you too Gregg! Hold on honey!

(SHAREESA clicks back over.)

SHAREESA - Uh...Xavier, let me go. I guess I will see you around.
XAVIER - Okay, there is someone knocking on my door anyway. So I'll talk to ya lata.
SHAREESA - Okay.
XAVIER - Okay.

(silence)

SHAREESA - Bye.
XAVIER - Bye.

(They hang up and XAVIER goes to answer the door.)

XAVIER thinks - I need to get all thoughts of Shareesa out of my head and think about...April.
XAVIER - Scroller!

(MIKE comes running back in.)

MIKE - Yes, Big Brother Little Red sir!
XAVIER - Get the door.
MIKE thinks - Please don't be Dean Kappadonna! Please don't be Dean Kappadonna!


(MIKE opens the door. There are 15 members of Kappa Alpha Psi
at the door.)

MIKE thinks - Oh my God!


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

ALEXIS is walking PAULA to class. They are discussing Sigma Gamma Rho
sorority and ALEXIS' interest in the organization.



ALEXIS - What made you want to do it?
PAULA - The service definitely. A lot of people talk about community service. But all I saw actually doing it were the ladies of Sigma. For real. I guess we talk the least but do the most.
ALEXIS - I understand. So service is what is important to you first and foremost?
PAULA - Absolutely. Who am I to be so blessed and so fortunate and not give back whenever I can? I'm not trying to slap my community in the face by acting snobby and not wanting to go into poor areas. Who am I but someone who someone else helped at one time? So how can that not be the cornerstone of our commitment to each other? Ya know?
ALEXIS thinks - That is so impressive!
ALEXIS - I know what you mean.
PAULA - Do you really? What is your view on the community?
ALEXIS - I want to do all I can as well. I want to give back and help. I think my calling is with our youth, though.
PAULA - That is a good thing. That is a real good thing because sorors were speaking just the other day about a youth initiative. My work moreso comes to the elderly of our community. But if we had a strong youth program, we could balance out the services that we contribute.
ALEXIS thinks - I wonder if that means that they may want me!'
PAULA - I think that many people in our elderly community are abandoned and it is such a shame. I go to nursing homes and specifically try and visit the residents who don't ever get visitors. How can you put a family member into a nursing home and then never visit them again? That is the cruelest thing in the world!
ALEXIS - I agree.
PAULA - I remember this one resident who never got visitors but the person the nursing home had him in with had visitors all the time. It must have made him real sad to always see his roommate's family and friends and to never see his own. I visited with him the most.
ALEXIS - Wow.
PAULA - It made me cry whenever I would go and see him because he was such a nice man. I never cried in front of him, but I would be a mess when I left. Ha ha ha.
ALEXIS - You said he was a nice man. Did he...
PAULA - Yeah, he passed away last year.
ALEXIS - Oh, sorry to hear that about him.
PAULA - It's okay. It was his time to go. I just hope I helped to make his last days a little happier. Ya know?
ALEXIS thinks - That is so wonderful!
ALEXIS - I am sure you did and I know he is smiling down on you right now.
PAULA - Girl, stop before I start crying on this yard!

(They both laugh.)

PAULA - You got me all worked up. Let's change the subject.
ALEXIS - I'm sorry. We were talking about Sigmas and community service.
PAULA - Oh yeah. Another thing is...

(PAULA's cell phone rings in her bag.)

PAULA - Hold on a second, Alexis.
ALEXIS - Sure, go ahead.

(PAULA pulls her phone out.)

PAULA - Hello?
CANDACE - Hey.
PAULA - What's up girl?! How did it go?
CANDACE - I mean, it was cool.

(silence)

PAULA - Cool? Cool? Girl, you better come up off some more details than that! I want all the dirt on his fine...

(PAULA remembers that she is walking with ALEXIS.)

PAULA - ...on second thought Can, let me call you back in about 10 minutes.
CANDACE - Okay, girl.

(They hang up.)

ALEXIS - Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to hang up your call.
PAULA - It's okay. This is the building where my class is and I enjoyed our
talk.
ALEXIS - Oh, thank you very much!
PAULA - Even though I love talking about guys, SGRho is my favorite subject.

(They both laugh.)

ALEXIS - I think I agree with you 100 percent on that...if that is
okay for me to agree with.

(PAULA laughs.)

PAULA - I understand.
ALEXIS - Okay...whew!
PAULA - Maybe one day we can talk about just guys.
ALEXIS - Can I pencil that appointment in right now?

(They both laugh.)

PAULA - Take care, Alexis. And don't forget that writing assignment that I want you to work on about the sorority.
ALEXIS - Oh I certainly didn't forget. I am on my way to the library and then the computer lab to work on it right now.
PAULA - Good. Well, talk to you later.
ALEXIS - Bye bye.

(ALEXIS turns and leaves and PAULA enters the building.)

PAULA thinks - She really is a nice girl. Seems a little timid, but she is real nice.

(PAULA walks up the stairs toward her class.)

PAULA thinks - She probably would make a good soror. She seems to have a good
heart.

(PAULA gets to the second floor where her class is. There are several other students hurrying toward their classes as well.)

PAULA thinks - And if she can talk about guys, then I'm gonna vote her in right now! Hee hee! If it is one subject I know I like, it's the fine Black broth...

(PAULA sees a handsome brother walking down the hall toward her.)

PAULA thinks - Now that's what I'm talking about! Umh! Fine dark brother! Chocolate drop!

(PAULA smiles just enough so that he will notice.)

PAULA thinks - Oooh, and he is an Alpha too!

(PAULA has noticed the Greek letters on his bag.)

PAULA thinks - I gotta ask Alexis about this brother! I know her boyfriend is an Alpha so maybe she can put in a good word for me with this one!

(He notices her as well and smiles back. He then starts to walk over.)

PAULA thinks - Oh, he's coming over to talk to me! I hope my breath is okay! I can make this quick by saying I'm late for class and getting his number! Yeah, that should work!

(He stops right in front of PAULA and she speaks.)

PAULA - Hello there.
BOBBY - Hi. How you doing?

No comments: