Thursday, January 3, 2008

Episode 39

The Nupes are on the yard and have just finished stepping. XAVIER is now speaking to his neophyte MIKE about DONNA.

MIKE - What's wrong Xavier?

(silence)

XAVIER - Mike, the thing is...

(XAVIER pauses.)

XAVIER - ...I don't know how to say this...
MIKE - Just spit it out, Z. It's cool.
XAVIER - Okay, well...it's Donna. Are you dating her? I don't think you want to get too involved with her Mike. You may not know what she's about but she's...
MIKE - Wait, wait, Xavier...

(XAVIER stops and MIKE becomes very serious.)

MIKE - ...are you jealous that I'm dating Donna?
XAVIER - Jealous?

(XAVIER laughs and spins his cane under his leg.)

XAVIER - Naw dude, I ain't jealous. It's just that...
MIKE - Well it sounds like you're drinkin' on that hatorade, yo.

(MIKE tosses his cane in the air and catches it behind his back.)

XAVIER - Mike, what I'm sayin' is this. I don't know if you know a lot about Donna, but I do. And you might wanna holla at me before you make that move bro.
MIKE - What? If you're talkin' about the fact that you and her used to...date...

(MIKE snickers.)

MIKE - ...I know all about that.
XAVIER - You do?
MIKE - Yeah man. She filled me in. And don't worry...

(MIKE leans in close to XAVIER.)

MIKE - ...your secret is safe with me bro.
XAVIER - Secret?
MIKE - Yeah man. Your...uh...secret.
XAVIER - What are you talkin' about?

(MIKE twirls his cane behind his back, sticks it through his legs and holds it there.)

MIKE - You aren't exactly packin' a full package huh, Z?

(MIKE smiles.)

XAVIER - Is that what she told you? That's my exact point bro! She's nothing
but trouble! She has no idea about my...package! And another thing...
DONNA - Hey cupcake!

(MIKE turns around as DONNA puts her arm around his waist.)

MIKE - What's up D baby! Uh you remember Xavier right?
DONNA - Sure I do! Hi Xavier! How's it hangin'?

(DONNA smiles.)

XAVIER - Donna.

(DONNA turns to MIKE.)

DONNA - You almost ready to go? You promised to walk me to class cupcake.
MIKE - Sure boo. I'll be right there.

(DONNA smiles and steps aside.)

MIKE - Look Z. I respect your concern because you're my prophyte. But I'm a
big boy and I can handle my business.
XAVIER - Don't say I didn't warn you neo.
MIKE - Whatever Nupe.

(MIKE turns his back on XAVIER and walks away as DONNA approaches XAVIER
quickly.)

DONNA - Stay out of my mix Z. Don't stick your cane where it doesn't belong.
XAVIER - Don't worry about me and my cane.

(DONNA smiles and looks XAVIER up and down.)

DONNA - If you weren't so uptight Z, I'd make a nice Kappa sandwich with you
and the youngster!

(DONNA turns and grabs MIKE's hand to leave.)

XAVIER - Hey Donna, tell Katrice I said hello!

(MIKE throws the sign to GREGG who is on his cell phone. He then leans over
to DONNA.)

MIKE - Donna baby, who's Katrice?

GREGG - Yeah. So tonight at 8 is cool with me but let me meet you somewhere else. My crib won't be good.
CARYN - Okay I'll call you and pick you up in my truck.
GREGG - Cool. Call me.

(GREGG hangs up and redials.)

GREGG - Hey babe.
SHAREESA - Hey.
GREGG - What you doing tonight?
SHAREESA - I have to do some studying. I'll be up all night probably. We are learning this new software application at work and I gotta read up on it.
GREGG thinks - Good!
GREGG - Oh really? I was tryin' to come over and see you.
SHAREESA - Oh I'm sorry baby, not tonight. I can make it up to you though baby.
GREGG - Okay Reece.

(GREGG smiles.)

GREGG - I'll probably just head home and go to bed early then.


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

ALEXIS has come to QUINTON's room to talk.


ALEXIS thinks - Okay, here we go.

(ALEXIS knocks on the door.)

QUINTON - Hi.
ALEXIS - Hi.

(QUINTON steps aside and lets ALEXIS in. She hugs him as she comes in.)

ALEXIS - What's going on?
QUINTON - Nothing. Just reading. Chillin' is more like it though.
ALEXIS - Oh.

(ALEXIS sits down. QUINTON closes his book.)

QUINTON - So what's up?

(QUINTON sits down next to her.)

QUINTON - What do you want to talk about?

(silence)

ALEXIS - Quinton...

(ALEXIS pauses.)

ALEXIS - I need to...

(ALEXIS puts her head down and QUINTON sees a tear fall from her eyes to her
lap.)

QUINTON thinks - Oh God!
ALEXIS - Quinton, I don't know what I am feeling. I just don't...

(QUINTON stands up and walks to the window. ALEXIS looks up.)

ALEXIS - I spoke to Bobby.
QUINTON - Uh huh.

(ALEXIS' tears are slowly falling down her cheeks.)

ALEXIS - I...uh...spoke to Bobby about me being...un...uncomfortable with him
seeing...um...Paula.

(ALEXIS wipes her face but continues to cry.)

ALEXIS - So I spoke to him about it.
QUINTON - And what did he say?
ALEXIS - He said that it was my problem. He compared the fact that I am
uncomfortable to me dating you, with you being an Alpha.

(QUINTON still has his back turned.)

QUINTON - Oh really?
ALEXIS - Uh yeah. He told me that I have nerve even telling him about my feelings after I chose to date you.

(QUINTON turns around and sits on the window sill with his back to the window.)

QUINTON - And what did you say back to him, Alexis?

(ALEXIS turns her head, then looks back at QUINTON.)

ALEXIS - I didn't get to finish what I was saying to him. He...he hung up on me.
QUINTON - He hung up on you huh?

(QUINTON's tone is sarcastic.)

ALEXIS - Yes, he hung up on me.

(QUINTON shakes his head and looks away from ALEXIS.)

ALEXIS - Quinton, I...
QUINTON - Alexis for once...for once Bobby is right.

(QUINTON still keeps his eyes off of ALEXIS, who has tears streaming down her
face.)

ALEXIS - He's what?
QUINTON - He's right! You know...

(QUINTON starts to raise his voice.)

QUINTON - ...when you came to me and told me that you were uncomfortable with him dating Paula, I didn't say anything. When you saw him with Paula up in Pharoahs, I didn't say anything either but it was all over your face.
ALEXIS - What was all ov...
QUINTON - Let me finish!

(QUINTON raises his voice again and ALEXIS shuts up.)

QUINTON - I could tell you were hurt! The only reason you were hurt at Pharoahs and you're hurt now is because you haven't gotten over him yet! You haven't gotten over Bobby yet and you should've never started anything with me until you were through with him!
ALEXIS - But I thought I was! I still think I am!

(QUINTON stands up.)

QUINTON - Then why are you sitting in here crying?! Huh!
ALEXIS - Because I love you Quinton and this is too much to handle right now! I think the SGRhos are going to come get me any day now! I have been studying the history and Candace keeps giving me these hints that line is about to start! I feel like I'm going insane!
QUINTON - So what?! That's got nothing to do with this!
ALEXIS - Yes it does! Do you know how much stress I'm in over this?
QUINTON - Yes I do, Alexis! I pledged too! Remember! And I have been there for
you! I was there for you all along and I told you that I would stand behind you after you had the audacity to tell me that you were uncomfortable with Bobby dating Paula! Why do you even care who Bobby dates! The reason I have been there for you is because I am in love with you! I know what real love is Alexis, but you can't seem to figure out who you love!
ALEXIS - I do know what love is! I love you!
QUINTON - Stop saying that! Stop throwing that word around like it's just a
word! You never took the time to get over Bobby, and you started something
with me! Now you care about him and you care about me and you're confused
about love!

(ALEXIS becomes silent.)

QUINTON - I know what I'm talkin' about! I know what love is because I feel it when I look at you! But you still love somebody that dissed you! He cheated on you time and time again, and all I did was treat you with the utmost respect! See you girls kill me! You really do! You moan and groan about wanting a good man and then get one and...

(QUINTON stops and shakes his head, then looks away again.)

ALEXIS - Quinton, I'm sorry!

(ALEXIS is crying hard now. QUINTON walks to his door and opens it so ALEXIS
can leave.)

QUINTON - You're not half as sorry as I am.


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

ALEX comes to visit CHRISTIAN to ask her why she videotaped their
conversation. He then opens the door with a big surprise.




ALEX - If I came in here and tore your place up and even hit you, you would only come back at me worse. But there is one thing that you do cherish...one thing that you do hold dear to you...so the only way for me to really hurt you back, was to attack you at your most prized possession...

(ALEX pauses and grabs the door knob.)

ALEX - ...your most prized possession...Delta Sigma Theta!

(ALEX opens the door and STACIE is standing there.)

CHRISTIAN thinks - Oh my God!
ALEX - Go ahead, Christian. Tell your soror Stacie about us!

(CHRISTIAN stares at STACIE with her mouth open, then looks at ALEX in shock.)

ALEX - Come on in Stace.

(STACIE walks in.)

STACIE - Yeah Chris, tell me about you and Alex.

(ALEX closes the door behind STACIE as she walks in. CHRISTIAN backs up with her mouth wide open.)

ALEX - See Christian, I love my wife. And I am working real hard to put our lives back together. But in order for me to do that, I had to come clean about a lot of things. I knew it would be painful, but worth it.

(CHRISTIAN is staring at ALEX as he speaks.)

ALEX - So I told Stacie all about us. All about the times you and I snuck around. I told her everything. You want to confirm this all for me?
CHRISTIAN - Stacie...I...
STACIE - Is this all true Christian? Is it true?

(CHRISTIAN looks down at the floor.)

STACIE - Chris, I thought you were my friend! I thought you were my soror!
CHRISTIAN - I am your soror! I didn't mean for this to happen! But why are you taking his side and ganging up on me? He is the one who cheated on you and has been cheating on you! We women should stick together!
STACIE - No, that's where you're wrong! Families need to stick together! I gave Alex an ultimatum if he wanted his family to stick together and he has really come through for me and for us!

(CHRISTIAN looks at ALEX and he smiles.)

CHRISTIAN - Alex has done what?
STACIE - It's women like you who tear families apart!
CHRISTIAN - No Stacie, that's not true! Listen to what you're saying?! He has you fooled! He slept with me, he slept with Breanna, and who knows who else! He ain't sorry, he's just sorry he got caught!
STACIE - You don't know that! You don't know him!

(CHRISTIAN turns to ALEX.)

CHRISTIAN - Alex don't do this to me! Tell her the truth! Tell her how many
other women you have been sleeping around with!
ALEX - There is no one else Christian and you know it.

(CHRISTIAN turns back to STACIE.)

CHRISTIAN - Stacie listen to me...he is putting us against each other because of Delta. He knows how much Delta means to me and he is using that against me! I hate that this happened between me and a soror...I care more about Delta than anything!
STACIE - If you cared about Delta, you wouldn't have let this happen!
CHRISTIAN - If you knew all the particulars about how this happened, you wouldn't say that!

(CHRISTIAN looks at ALEX.)

CHRISTIAN - Would she Alex?

(ALEX doesn't say anything.)

STACIE - None of that matters!
CHRISTIAN - Yes it does! Alex obviously didn't tell you the whole story!
ALEX - Maybe it's time for us to go Stace. I've heard enough.
CHRISTIAN - But Stacie hasn't heard enough! You didn't tell her the whole story did you Alex? Did you?!
ALEX - Come on Stacie, let's go.

(ALEX turns his back and walks toward the door. CHRISTIAN turns to STACIE once again.)

CHRISTIAN - Stacie listen...I am so sorry about this! I really am! I can't say that enough! I never meant to hurt you! But if you just hear how...
STACIE - Save it Christian...our friendship is over!
CHRISTIAN - Stacie no!

(STACIE turns to follow her husband out of the room.)

STACIE - And when the chapter finds out about this...your position as dean will be over too!

No comments: