Friday, January 4, 2008

Episode 56

DEXTER is on his way to MONA FERGUSON's place to get back PYRAMID THERESA's pledge book.

DEXTER thinks - What the heck was I thinking? What is wrong with me!

(DEXTER gets off the shuttle bus in front of MONA's dorm.)

DEXTER thinks - What in the world did I blurt out that I was seeing Theresa for? I played myself and that was stupid. Real stupid.

(DEXTER goes into the dorm.)

DEXTER thinks - I know Willie probably thinks that I'm a jerk, and I know she saw right through that lie.

(DEXTER walks up to the front desk and speaks to the young lady behind the desk.)

DEXTER - Hi, can you please page Mona Ferguson?

RECEPTIONIST - Sure, I can...

AMY - Excuse me, did you say Mona Ferguson?

(DEXTER turns around.)

DEXTER - Yeah, you know her?

AMY - Yeah, I can take you up there. I live on the floor above her.

DEXTER - Okay, thanks.

(DEXTER follows AMY to the elevator.)

DEXTER - You a friend of Mona's?

AMY - Actually we just met. But, I can show you her room. It is on the next floor.

DEXTER - Well, thanks.

(DEXTER gets off the elevator as the doors open. AMY points down the hall to MONA's room.)

AMY- It's right there.

DEXTER - Oh, okay, thanks!

(The elevator closes on AMY and DEXTER walks to MONA's door. He knocks and waits.)

DEXTER thinks - I gotta call Willie and just put it out there. This thing with Theresa is stupid.

(DEXTER knocks again.)

DEXTER thinks - What I should do is...

(This time when DEXTER knocks, he grabs the door handle and turns. The door is open.)

DEXTER - Oh...Mona's door isn't locked.

(DEXTER knocks again as he slowly opens the door.)

DEXTER - Mona...Hey, Mona!

(DEXTER peeks his head in.)

DEXTER - Mona, hey it's me! Dexter! Mona!?

(DEXTER looks at MONA's desk and there are two open books there. He looks back down the hall and then enters MONA's room and closes the door behind him.)

DEXTER thinks - Maybe that's Theresa's book.

(DEXTER approaches the desk. He grabs the book on the left.)

DEXTER - Bingo. This must be it. Why in the world would Theresa leave this in an AKA's room? Any why does Mona have it open?

(DEXTER looks at the second book on the desk.)

DEXTER thinks - And what is this?

(DEXTER looks down at the second book. It is open with a pen in the middle.)

DEXTER - Oh, this is...

(DEXTER looks closer.)

DEXTER - Oh this must be Mona's AKA book.

(DEXTER looks around as if someone is in the room with him, then turns MONA's page.)

DEXTER thinks - Wait, this is blank.

(He flips through a few pages.)

DEXTER thinks - She is filling this out now...but...was she using Theresa's, too...

(DEXTER pauses.)

DEXTER - Naw. There's some good explanation.

(DEXTER turns to leave MONA's room with THERESA's book. He tucks it in his jacket.)

DEXTER thinks - I gotta ask Theresa what the heck her book was doing with Mona. Right after I apologize for blowing up her spot!

(DEXTER locks MONA's door and heads to the elevator.)

DEXTER thinks - Maybe I should call Willie...or stop by and see her just to clear things up.

(DEXTER rides the elevator down to the lobby.)

DEXTER thinks - Naw. I'm goin' to the crib to watch the game! Get me a pizza and chill!

(DEXTER walks through the lobby holding the book in his jacket. He walks outside the dorm and turns to look for the shuttle bus. He sees it and its doors are about to close. There are several students walking past him going into the dorm.)

DEXTER thinks - Dag! Wait!

DEXTER - Hey! Wait!

(As soon as DEXTER starts to run for the bus, he slams into a student and drops THERESA's book. He immediately scoops it up and apologizes.)

DEXTER - I am so sorry...I was just rushing to catch the...oh, what's up Jason?
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

SAIFA has taken CENTAUR COLIN MWATSUMI into a room alone to speak with him about the progress of his pledge process so far.

(DR. MWATSUMI gets up and follows SAIFA into a room. SAIFA closes the door.)

SAIFA - Pledgee, are you okay?

CENTAUR COLIN - Yes, Big Brother The Man With Th...

SAIFA - Doctor, talk to me for a second. Call me Saifa.

DR. MWATSUMI - Okay.

SAIFA - Doctor, you've been falling asleep.

DR. MWATSUMI - I know Saifa, and I apologize to you, to the Iota brothers and to Sean. I'm just not used to doing so many things in the course of a day.

SAIFA - I know. Pledging is a different culture than what you are used to.

DR. MWATSUMI - Yes, indeed.

SAIFA - Sir, the problem is not with you falling asleep during your Iota pledge sessions. Well, that is a problem, and I'm sure you don't want Goldfinger to solve that problem for you. So, don't get me wrong. But, there is a larger problem that I need to address.

DR. MWATSUMI - And what is that?

SAIFA - You've been getting complaints from some of your students. Apparently pledging is starting to change your demeanor toward your students for the worse.

DR. MWATSUMI - What? My demeanor? Toward my students?

SAIFA - Yes, sir.

(DR. MWATSUMI slowly sits down.)

DR. MWATSUMI - Oh my, this is not good.

SAIFA - No, sir, it isn't. Unfortunately, I cannot relieve you from your duties as a Centaur at the moment. You have a lot to do and learn in a short period of time. That is what Iota is about. We are about struggle and overcoming.

DR. MWATSUMI - Indeed, I understand.

SAIFA - But what I do suggest you do is to pledge smart. Use your head and use your line brother to aid you.

(DR. MWATSUMI sits and thinks to himself.)

SAIFA - Okay, let's get ready to go back out. You two have to finish this assignment and then jump on the Medgar Evers assignment next.

DR. MWATSUMI thinks - Great.

(DR. MWATSUMI stands to his feet. SAIFA walks up to him and places his hands on the doctor's shoulders and looks him directly in the eyes.)

SAIFA - Doctor, I know this is something that you want. And believe me, we want it for you as well. I never said it was easy, but it is well worth it. Iota is well worth it.

DR. MWATSUMI - I understand.

SAIFA - Good. Now, let's go back into Centaur mode.

CENTAUR COLIN - Yes Big Brother The Man With The Hoof.

SAIFA - Good. Let's go.

(They walk back into the main room together where CENTAUR SEAN is painting his second brick. The first brick is drying. It is brown with the gold letters of Iota Phi Theta painted on the side.)

SAIFA - Hey Centaur Sean, good job on this brick.

CENTAUR SEAN - Thank you, Big Brother The Man With The Hoof.

(CENTAUR COLIN attempts to sit on the floor to join his line brother to help him paint bricks.)

SAM - What do you think you're doing?

CENTAUR COLIN - I was going to help my line broth...

SAM - Oh, no no no...because by the look of my Iota watch...

(SAM mimics as if he is wearing a watch and is staring at it. He is actually looking at his arm.)

SAM - ...it is time for study hour. You have one hour to come up with all the information on Medgar Evers.

CENTAUR SEAN thinks - One hour?

(CENTAUR SEAN immediately starts to wrap up the bricks, paint, and other materials on the floor.)

CENTAUR COLIN thinks - One hour? Good Lord!

(CENTAUR COLIN glances at the clock on the wall and notices how late it is. He starts to help CENTAUR SEAN clean up.)

CENTAUR SEAN whispers - We will need to go to the library to get the information we need. We can take these supplies with us and drop them off on the way there.

CENTAUR COLIN - Good idea.

(They pack up, say goodbye to the big brothers, and check the clock to measure how much time they actually have. They head out to the library.)

CENTAUR SEAN - What happened in the room with Big Brother The Man With The Hoof?

CENTAUR COLIN - Oh, we just...talked. He was concerned about me being so tired, and its affecting my work.

CENTAUR SEAN - Are you okay, Doctor?

CENTAUR COLIN - I certainly hope so, Sean.

(They get into SEAN's car and the Doctor immediately goes to sleep. SEAN smiles as he drives toward the library.)

CENTAUR SEAN - Doctor...Doctor...we're here.

CENTAUR COLIN - Huh...huh? Oh...ok.

(They get out and go into the library. They find a secluded study room with a computer.)

CENTAUR SEAN - Look, Line bro, you are exhausted. I can see it in your face. Go ahead and lie on the floor. I can do this assignment on Medgar.

CENTAUR COLIN - Are you sure?

CENTAUR SEAN - Positive. Go ahead, it's okay.

(CENTAUR COLIN doesn't ask twice as he stretches out on the floor. CENTAUR SEAN begins his research.)

CENTAUR SEAN - Okay, let me see...let me look on the Net for some info.

(An hour goes by and CENTAUR SEAN has really retrieved some good information. He is putting it all together when the door to the study room opens.)

STUDENT - Excuse me...I don't mean to bother you but...

(SEAN turns around to face the student.)

STUDENT - ...by any chance is that Dr. Mwatsumi on the floor?

CENTAUR SEAN thinks ? Oh, shoot!

CENTAUR SEAN - Uh...uh...

STUDENT - Oh my God, is he okay?

CENTAUR SEAN - Uh, yeah, he's fine...he's just...

(The student nudges DR. MWATSUMI.)

CENTAUR COLIN - Huh?

STUDENT - Doctor, It's me, Jill. Are you okay? I was walking by and saw
you...and...are you okay?

(CENTAUR COLIN tries to adjust his eyes to the light and make sense of what is going on.)

CENTAUR COLIN - Jill...oh, uh...I am only resting momentarily. Rest assured, I am fine.

JILL - Oh...well...okay, then. Sorry to bother you.

CENTAUR COLIN - No, no, it's fine. Thank you for your concern.

(JILL smiles and leaves the room closing the door. CENTAUR COLIN slowly rises to his feet.)

(silence)

CENTAUR COLIN - Sean, this is affecting my career. I deeply apologize. But I cannot continue with this process any longer.
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

STACIE has walked in on her sorors of Delta Sigma Theta to speak with them. She has gotten into a battle with CHRISTIAN on whether or not the pledgees are allowed to leave or stay.

STACIE - You two are dismissed. Wait for our call.

CHRISTIAN - Stacie, don't do this!

(The Pyramids grabs their coats and are walking toward the door.)

CHRISTIAN - Stacie...can we talk about this...in private?

(STACIE ignores CHRISTIAN and holds the door open for the Pyramids.)

CHRISTIAN - Stacie!

(STACIE ignores her.)

CHRISTIAN - Pyramids!

(BREANNA and THERESA stop in the doorway and turn around.)

PYRAMIDS - Yes, Big Sister DSTeazy off the Heazy Fo Sheazy My Neazy!

CHRISTIAN - I am your dean! Don't go anywhere!

(silence)

STACIE - Pyramids, go home and wait for our call.

(Everyone is looking at one another.)

CHRISTIAN - Pyramids, don't go anywhere! Come back in this room and sit down!

STACIE - Pyramids...I said to go home, get yourselves together, and wait for our call.

WILLIE - Wait, sorors, what is going on? Can someone please tell me what's goin' on?

CHRISTIAN - I will tell you exactly what is going on, I am Director of Intake and what I say goes! I'm their dean and if I say to the pledgees to come back in and sit down, Lord knows they better come back in and sit down!

(PYRAMIDS BREANNA and THERESA start to walk back into the room.)

STACIE - I refuse to bring these new initiates into chapter drama that does not concern them. We have a serious issue that we need to discuss right now ladies! I am chapter advisor! And what I say...

(STACIE looks sternly at CHRISTIAN.)

STACIE - ...goes!

CHRISTIAN - Wait a minute, I thought you resigned from being chapter advisor!

(CHRISTIAN turns to WILLIE.)

CHRISTIAN - She resigned! Didn't she?

WILLIE - Well, yes, but...

CHRISTIAN - Well that settles it! Pyramids...

WILLIE - But wait...

(Everyone turns to WILLIE.)

WILLIE - Stacie is our chapter soror and our friend. If there is something that she needs to discuss with this chapter, then so be it. We are not going to quiet the voice of someone who helped bring this chapter through good times and bad. So, let the pledgees leave, and we can sit down and discuss whatever this issue is.

CHRISTIAN - But...

WILLIE - Let the pledgees go.

(silence)

(STACIE walks to PYRAMID THERESA and PYRAMID BREANNA.)

STACIE - You will be notified of further instructions. For now, get some studying done.

PYRAMID BREANNA - Yes, Big Sister.

PYRAMID THERESA thinks - Yeah right! I'm about to get some sleep!

(STACIE lets the Pyramids out and closes the door.)

CHRISTIAN thinks - Uh, oh!

(STACIE turns around and faces her sorors.)

STACIE - Everybody sit down...now.

(ROBIN and WILLIE humbly sit down. CHRISTIAN seems frozen as she closes her eyes.)

STACIE - Robin, Wilhemina, the reason I came in here like this is to
expose...

(There is a very loud banging on the door.)

ROBIN - What the...

(The banging is very loud, hard, and continuous.)

STACIE - If this is the Pyramids, go away!

ALEX ? No, Stacie it's me! It's Alex! Open up! It's an emergency!

STACIE - Alex?

CHRISTIAN thinks - Alex?

(STACIE rushes and opens the door.)

STACIE - What?! This is an important meeti...

ALEX - Stacie it's the babies! I just got a call on my cell phone from the baby sitter! I ran up here from the car to get you and I think I left the car running! We have to go now! It's an emergency!

STACIE - Oh, my God, my babies!

(ALEX dashes out the door with STACIE right behind him running down the hall.)

(silence)

WILLIE - O...kay!

ROBIN - What the heck just happened in here?

CHRISTIAN thinks - Okay, that was too close for comfort! Whew!

CHRISTIAN - I think that Stacie has some serious problems that she needs to work out at home, and she also needs to...

(The door opens again and STACIE quickly pops her head in.)

STACIE - Sorors, just so y'all will know what my issues are and that I'm not crazy, Chris here slept with my husband. So y'all can discuss that until I get back.

(STACIE leaves, slamming the door behind her.)

No comments: