Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Episode 16

TY has gone to BOBBY's house on the instructions of TRINA. But BOBBY came back home earlier than expected with a guest.



(TY dives under the bed as the door opens and he hears someone come in.)

TY thinks - I gotta get out of here!

(He hears BOBBY come into the bedroom and he hears that he has a girl with
him. He watches their feet as they plop down on the bed.)

TY thinks - Oh God! I gotta get out of here!
BOBBY - I'm glad you came back to see me. You know how much I missed you?
CARYN - Why don't you show me now!

(BOBBY and CARYN start to kiss furiously.)

TY thinks - Oh my God! I have to get out of here quick before...

(BOBBY and CARYN plop back on the bed and hear a cracking noise.)

CARYN - What's that noise?
BOBBY - What the...

(As BOBBY and CARYN roll over, dozens of eggs begin to break underneath
BOBBY's sheets.)

BOBBY - Eggs! There are eggs in my bed!

TY thinks - Don't look under the bed! Don't look under the bed!

(BOBBY tries to push CARYN off of him and they fumble over one another. By
the time they are able to stand up they are both covered in yolk.)

CARYN - Hey Bobby, I am down with some kinky stuff, but I never seen anything
like this!
BOBBY - I didn't do this! Somebody messed my bed up by putting eggs all in it!
CARYN - Do you know who did this to you?

(TY closes his eyes as he feels eggs dripping down from the bed all over him.)

BOBBY - I know exactly who did this!
TY thinks - Oh no!
BOBBY - It was Quinton!
TY thinks - Quinton?

(CARYN is wiping herself off.)

CARYN - Quinton? Your frat brother?
BOBBY - Yeah!
CARYN - Why would Quinton do this to you? He is your brother.
BOBBY - Because he is jealous of me! He has always been! He is mad because
his girl still loves me and he is mad because I am chapter president and he
isn't!
CARYN - Calm down Bobby.
BOBBY - Naw, this ain't cool and I'm gonna...
CARYN - Baby calm down.

(CARYN starts to help BOBBY wipe off.)

CARYN - Let's go over to the hotel where I have a suite. We can chill over
there and resume what we had going on over here. I can give you a shower.
TY thinks - Yes! Yes! Leave!
BOBBY - Your hotel? But what about...
CARYN - Derrick? He isn't here. I just came back to visit, I came back alone.

(BOBBY smiles.)

BOBBY - That sounds like a good plan. Let's go.

(TY listens as they grab their coats and a towel from the bathroom to get the
egg off. BOBBY and CARYN finally leave as TY is completely covered in
dripping eggs.)

TY thinks - I am so late! How am I gonna explain this to the big brothers?

Meanwhile in the parking lot...

BOBBY - Yo, this truck is phat! I love it!
CARYN - Thanks.

(CARYN smiles.)

CARYN - Only the best baby. You know how I do.
BOBBY - Wow, I feel privileged just getting up in this ride. Ha ha ha!
CARYN - What? You should feel privileged just getting in with me.

(They laugh together as they get in and CARYN starts to drive.)

CARYN - Wait til you see the room that I got. It's nice.
BOBBY - I can't wait baby. I am so glad you came back.

(CARYN stops at a red light and BOBBY leans over to kiss her.)

CARYN - I'm glad I came back too.

(BOBBY and CARYN start to kiss very passionately at the red light.)

JUNE - Isn't that Caryn's new truck?
BUCK - Where?
JUNE - Right there.

(JUNE points out of the window of the Twenty Four Seven diner at CARYN and
BOBBY kissing.)

BUCK - That is her, but who is the guy?

(As the light turns green, CARYN pulls off and JUNE sees that it is BOBBY.)

JUNE - Is that...that's Bobby! Caryn is kissing all over Bobby!
BUCK - Who's Bobby?
JUNE - I gotta call Derrick! I gotta call Derrick and tell him!

(JUNE starts to fumble in her purse looking for her cell phone.)

BUCK - June.
JUNE - I can't believe this! I have to...
BUCK - June!

(JUNE stops as she puts her hand on her phone.)

JUNE - What?
BUCK - What are you doing?
JUNE - I am calling Derrick to tell him about...
BUCK - That's not your business June. You have to let that situation go.
JUNE - But...
BUCK - He let you go.

(silence)

BUCK - You need to let him go.


(silence)

BUCK - If you really want to start over with me, I mean really start over
with me, I'm going to need for you to let go of Derrick...once and for all.

(silence)

(JUNE lets her cell phone drop to the bottom of her bag.)


:: NEW PAGE ::
SCENE 2

ALEX is walking on campus on his way to the administration building. He has
been called in by DEAN EDWARDS for an emergency meeting.




ALEX thinks - I wonder what this is all about. Dean didn't sound too happy.
Maybe he has had a long day.

(ALEX glances at his watch.)

ALEX - I'd better hurry. I only have 15 minutes and I want to get there
a few minutes early.

(As ALEX gets closer to the building, he sees one of his students.)

ALEX - Good afternoon, Lisa.

(LISA looks at ALEX and immediately turns her head. She then turns and walks
in a different direction.)

ALEX thinks - I wonder what's on her mind. That was weird.

(ALEX walks up toward the front of the building and there is a small crowd of
students and a few teachers gathered in front of the building.)

ALEX thinks - What's all this?

(As ALEX approaches the crowd, a student turns and sees him and immediately
turns away and backs out of his way. Other students begin to do the same and
ALEX begins to notice whispers and fingers pointed in his direction.)

ALEX thinks - What in the world is going on?

(ALEX looks around but keeps walking toward the doors of the administration
building. The closer he gets, the more he can hear whispers, talking and
murmuring.)

ALEX - Excuse me, what is all the fuss about?
STUDENT - Like you don't already know!

(The student turns and walks away rudely.)

ALEX - What is going on?

(QUINTON runs and grabs ALEX by the arm.)

QUINTON - Dr. Jefferson! Have you seen what is happening!?
ALEX - Quinton! Quinton! What is this big crowd about? And why is everyone
pointing fingers at me?
QUINTON - The monitors Dr. Jefferson! The television monitors! Inside!

(QUINTON runs DR. JEFFERSON inside the building where there are more students
looking up at the television monitors in the lobby area. They all become
quiet when they see DR. JEFFERSON.)

QUINTON - Look at the screen!

(ALEX looks at the screen and can't believe his eyes. His mouth is wide open.)

ALEX thinks - Oh sweet Jesus!

(The screen is showing him talking to CHRISTIAN about his relationship with
BREANNA.)

ALEX - How did this happen? How did this get into the administration video
syste...

(ALEX turns around and sees DR. EDWARDS staring at him. CHRISTIAN is standing
next to him laughing.)

CHRISTIAN - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..
WILLIE - Christian! Chris! What in the world are you laughing at?

(CHRISTIAN snaps out of her daydream.)

CHRISTIAN - Huh? Where am I?
WILLIE - You're in the middle of campus and you look crazy because you are
walking and laughing out loud at the same time. Are you okay?
CHRISTIAN - Oh...uh...yeah...I'm fine. I was just thinking of something funny.
WILLIE - Must have been. Well anyway, I am glad I saw you. We are meeting up
tonight and it is very important. We are deciding on our line. Whether we are
going to have two girls, just one girl, or no girls.
CHRISTIAN - Oh okay. Did you get a chance to meet Theresa?
WILLIE - Yeah. We spoke. But we can talk about that later on okay?
CHRISTIAN - Okay.
WILLIE - So where are you on your way to?
CHRISTIAN - Oh I am going over to the administration building. I have to go
and talk to the video guys there.

(CHRISTIAN smiles.)

WILLIE - Alright, well I will see you later.
CHRISTIAN - Bye soror.
WILLIE - Later.

(CHRISTIAN leaves WILLIE and walks into the administration building.)

CHRISTIAN thinks - First I'll get the audio/visual guys to play the tape on
all the monitors, then I will go to Dean Edwards and tell him to sit back and
watch. Ha ha ha ha!

(She walks down one flight of stairs to the AV department and speaks to a
worker.)

CHRISTIAN - Excuse me, you guys control the videos that play on the monitors
daily right?
WORKER - Yeah, we play the tapes and live feeds they give us. Either Ahpla
University news channel, or CNN most of the time.
CHRISTIAN - Well, I have a little promo tape that I want to play. It's only
about 15 minutes long. Would that be okay?
WORKER - I'm not supposed to do that. I may get in trouble.
CHRISTIAN - I promise to make it worth your while.

(CHRISTIAN smiles seductively.)

CHRISTIAN thinks - God! The things I have to lower myself to!
WORKER - You not playing around are you? You'll go on a date with me if I
play your tape?
CHRISTIAN - I promise.
WORKER - Okay bet! Give me your tape!

(CHRISTIAN smiles and reaches into her pocket.)

CHRISTIAN - The tape!
CANDACE - The tape. Did I put it on the kitchen table?

(CANDACE walks out of her bedroom and glances into the kitchen.)

CANDACE - Oh, there it is.


:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

MIKE is trying to honor the many requests that his big brother GREGG (Dean
Big Brother Kappadonna) has put on him but is feeling frustrated as he is
becoming overwhelmed.




GREGG - Come on Scroller! My grandmother is faster than you! Come on!
MIKE - Yes Dean Big Brother Kappadonna sir!
MIKE thinks - I can't handle this! I can't! What have I gotten myself into?
GREGG - How many is that?
MIKE - Ninety-seven Dean Big Broth...
GREGG - Ninety-seven what?
MIKE - Ninety-seven push-ups, ninety-six sit-ups, Dean Big Brother Kappadonna
sir!
GREGG - And where are my shoes? Did you shine all my shoes?

(MIKE answers out of breath, as he continues to switch between push-ups and
sit-ups.)

MIKE - Uh...Dean...uh...Bi...Big...Brother, I tried to...uh...get to...finish
but...
GREGG - Are you giving me excuses? Are you giving me excuses again? You have
given me nothing but excuses all day! I don't like excuses Scroller! I hate
them! And I just asked you for a few things: just some push-ups, some sit-ups, a clean room, shined shoes, the Greek alphabet written backward 1911 times, my founders recited every 15 minutes, the history of the fraternity -- which you still haven't completed! I asked you for an essay on brotherhood and what makes a boy a man, I still
didn't get that! All I get are excuses! Where is your essay?
MIKE - I...I...didn't get a chance to...
GREGG - You didn't get a chance? You didn't get a chance? What have you been
so busy doing that you couldn't finish? Huh? Huh! You didn't shine my shoes,
so you can't say you were busy doing that! You didn't toothbrush wax the
kitchen floor like I told you to do hours ago, so you still have to do that!
As a matter of fact, all you have done is give me lame excuse after lame
excuse after lame excuse!
MIKE - Yes Dean Big Broth...
GREGG - Did I tell you to speak?
MIKE - No Dean Big...
GREGG - You're so busy speaking when I don't tell you to, why don't you focus on
something that I do tell you to do! How about that? How about you complete at
least one task that I put before you Mike! Huh? How about that! Let's try
that for once!

(GREGG gets on the floor in MIKE's face.)

GREGG - Let's try that for once! Let's do one simple task that Dean
Kappadonna has asked! Okay? I mean, am I talking a foreign language here or
something?
MIKE thinks - If he spits in my face one more time...
GREGG - You know what...get up! Get up! Stop with the aerobics because you
aren't even doing them right anyway, just get up.

(GREGG pulls MIKE up by his collar. MIKE is completely out of breath.)

GREGG - Where have you been writing the Greek alphabet?
MIKE - In my notebook Dean Big Brother Kappadonna sir!
GREGG - Get it! Hurry up! Hurry up!

(MIKE rushes off and comes back with the notebook. He is sweating and
breathing heavy.)

MIKE - Here it is Dean Big...
GREGG - How many times have you written the Greek alphabet out backward?
MIKE - Four hundred and thirty-seven, Dean Big Brother Kappadonna sir!
GREGG - How many times did I tell you to write it out?
MIKE - One thousand nine hundred and eleven times, Dean Big Brother Kappadonna
sir!
GREGG - One thousand nine hundred and eleven! One thousand nine hundred and
eleven! And how many times did you do it?
MIKE - Dean Big Brother, I just didn't have any time but...
GREGG - How many times did you do it!
MIKE - Four hundred and...

(GREGG immediately starts to rip the pages out of the notebook.)

MIKE - No Dean Big Brother!
GREGG - Are you telling me what to do?

(MIKE straightens up...quick.)

GREGG - Are you trying to tell me what to do? Huh?

(MIKE doesn't answer, he just stares straight ahead. He is visibly nervous
and shaken. GREGG goes to the refrigerator and takes out the ketchup.)

GREGG - Hold out your hand!

(MIKE holds his hand out and GREGG fills it with ketchup.)

GREGG - Since you think you like red so much, here's some red for ya! And you
better not spill one drop of it either! Now get back to writing the Greek
alphabet, all over again! I want it 1911 times! And while you are doing that, start scrubbing that floor like I told you to do hours ago and resume your push-ups!
MIKE thinks - What?
GREGG - You got a problem with that?
MIKE thinks - How in the world does he expect me to do all that at the same
time? Is Gregg stupid or something?

(MIKE slowly goes to the floor as to not spill any of the ketchup. He places
his notebook on the floor and pulls out a red pen and a red toothbrush. He
starts to scrub the floor and write in the notebook while trying to do a one-armed push-up, in order to keep the hand holding the ketchup from twisting
upside down.)

MIKE thinks - I hate Gregg, because this isn't fair! I can do all the things
he keeps asking me to do! But every time I take a step forward, he kicks me
five back! This is some bull!
GREGG - Hurry up!
MIKE thinks - Lord, please help me to get through just this day alone. I pray
that I can take one day at a time to...

(GREGG kicks the notebook away.)

GREGG - I said hurry up!

(MIKE just stares at GREGG's foot as he sees his notebook skid across the
kitchen floor.)

GREGG - You think I'm bad? Huh? You think I'm bad? Wait until you meet some
of the big brothers who have graduated! And they are not going to go as easy
on you as I am!
MIKE thinks - Easy?
GREGG - How are you going to function with 15 different things going on
at once and you need to sort it all out Mike? If you can't hang, just say so
and I will let you go home! But you will not embarrass me in front of my older
chapter brothers! Do you hear me?

(MIKE doesn't answer, he is still on the floor.)

GREGG - I asked you a question Scroller! You will not embarrass me in front of
my frat brothers, will you Scroller?

(silence)

GREGG - Will you!
MIKE - No.
GREGG - No? No what?

(MIKE pauses as he starts to get up off his knees.)

MIKE - No Gregg.
GREGG - Gregg? Have you lost your mind? You don't call me Gregg Scroller!
MIKE - I know Gregg. A Scroller can't call you Gregg, but I can...because I
am dropping off of your line!

No comments: