Friday, January 4, 2008

Episode 64

The Alphas are having their scheduled chapter meeting and the brothers are beginning to arrive.

JASON - What's up, man?

QUINTON - Hey J. What' the deal, sands?

JASON - Chillin? bruh. What's up with you?

QUINTON - Nothin' much. How are your exams coming?

JASON - They're comin'. You know how it is.

QUINTON - True that. How's Willie?

JASON - She loves me Q. I can't spend five minutes away from her. She wants me at her place all the time! I be, like, dag, can a brother get a day off? Ha ha ha ha!

(QUINTON laughs.)

QUINTON - You must be the man then. I'm just trying to be like you.

JASON - Ha ha ha ha ha, naw, Q, you don't wanna be like me, man. I mean, what you got with Alexis is cool, ya know? She's pledging SGRho right now. She's doing her own thing. But with Willie, she wants me 24-7. Like white on rice.

QUINTON - So, what's wrong with that?

JASON - Nothing, it's cool. But sometimes it gets to be a bit much. Like smothering.

QUINTON - That doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. You should consider yourself lucky.

JASON - Oh, don't get me wrong. I mean, hey, if nothing else I know she's not cheating on me.

QUINTON - Yeah.

JASON - I mean, she wouldn't even think of another brother. And in that, it's cool. I know I got that on lock. Feel me?

QUINTON - Definitely.

(The door opens and LARRY walks in.)

LARRY - Hey! Hey! Hey! Where's my greeting!

(QUINTON and JASON laugh.)

QUINTON - Man, you are truly an idiot!

(QUINTON gives LARRY the frat handshake.)

LARRY - Wassup baby! How you?

QUINTON - Chillin' man. Just listening to how Jason, here, is the man.

LARRY - Jason is the man?

(LARRY turns toward JASON.)

LARRY - What's the deal J baby? You the man now? Who told you that you could take my crown?

JASON - Oh, you've been dethroned. It's official; I am the man.

(LARRY and JASON shake hands.)

LARRY - Let me tell you somethin' J, big baby, the day you're the man on this campus is the day I transfer to Amgis on a full stepping scholarship! Ha!

(They all laugh.)

JASON - Man, whatever!

LARRY - And who says you?re the man, anyway? Who's on campus tellin' them lies?

JASON - The Deltas. Ha ha ha ha ha!

LARRY - Oh, then you may have a point there, baby! Ha ha ha ha!

(QUINTON looks at his watch.)

QUINTON - Where the heck is Bobby? I ain't got all night.

JASON - Yeah, he is late, ain't he?

QUINTON - Yes, he is, and I got some work to do.

LARRY - Work? What work?

QUINTON - I got two exams.

LARRY - You know you a genius! You don't have to study!

QUINTON - Yeah, right. Ha ha ha ha!

LARRY - Aw, come on, baby, you the smartest cat on this campus and you know it. You got a memory like an elephant. . .speaking of Deltas.

(They all laugh.)

JASON - You're stupid, Larry.

LARRY - Stupid is as stupid does . . .baby.

JASON - Ay Lar, did you hear the Kappas might be in trouble?

(JASON?s statement catches QUINTON?s attention.)

QUINTON - What?

JASON - Yeah, I heard they got in trouble.

QUINTON - For what? Where did you hear that?

JASON - I ran into April. You know she got a big mouth and can't keep a secret. She told me.

QUINTON - Hmmmm.

LARRY - What did they do?

JASON - I don't know.

QUINTON - Probably hazing.

LARRY - Think so?

QUINTON - I know so.

JASON - You know so? Huh?

QUINTON - I mean, that's probably the reason.

(QUINTON checks his watch again.)

QUINTON - Hey bros, I gotta roll. I really got some studying to do, for real. I can't be waiting on Mr. President all night.

LARRY - I hear ya.

JASON - Dag, I came all the way over here from the dorm. I could've stayed my butt home.

QUINTON - I'm out. I'll holla at y'all lata.

JASON - Aight, Q. Peace.

LARRY - Be easy brother.

(QUINTON leaves.)

LARRY - So, can we impeach Bobby?

(JASON laughs.)

JASON - No, stupid. Bobby isn't a bad leader.

LARRY - No, he's not. He just needs to focus. Whenever he loses his focus, our direction goes, too.

JASON - Yeah. Well, anyway, I guess I'm out, too.

LARRY - Yeah, I guess.

(JASON and LARRY leave together.)

JASON - Where you headed?

LARRY - Probably to Callis to get something to eat. You down?

JASON - Naw, I ate on the way here. I'm gonna catch up with Willie.

LARRY - Aight, baby. I'll holla.

JASON - Cool, sands.

(They shake.)

LARRY - Later, gator.

JASON thinks - Idiot.

(JASON walks in the opposite direction of where LARRY is going and he calls WILLIE on his cell phone.)

WILLIE - Hello.

JASON - Hi.

WILLIE - Hi!

JASON - You busy? I'm gonna stop by.

WILLIE - No, I'm cool. Come over.

JASON - Okay, see ya in a few.

(JASON and WILLIE hang up.)

JASON thinks - Yeah, I got that on lock.

(JASON laughs to himself as he dials BOBBY's number.)

JASON - Bobby? Bobby! Bruh, what's wrong?
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

XAVIER and MIKE come running around the corner and see both GREGG and SHAREESA.

XAVIER - Gregg, is Reggie still here?!

MIKE - I'm glad you planned this, G! Good work.

GREGG thinks - Oh, God!

SHAREESA - So, I see you did plan this little guy's night, huh, Gregg!

GREGG - Shareesa, I . . .

(SHAREESA turns and begins to walk down the hall away from GREGG, MIKE, and XAVIER.)

GREGG thinks - Dag!

(GREGG looks at XAVIER.)

XAVIER - G, you and Mike go talk to Reggie. I'll go after Shareesa.

(XAVIER starts to jog after SHAREESA.)

XAVIER - Make sure Mike keeps a cool head!

(XAVIER disappears around the corner. MIKE turns to GREGG.)

MIKE - Okay, now that goody-two-shoes is gone, let's get down to business!

Around the corner?

XAVIER - Shareesa!

(SHAREESA is stepping on the elevator.)

XAVIER - Shareesa, wait!

(XAVIER begins to run faster to catch her. SHAREESA looks back at XAVIER before she steps on the elevator ignoring him.)

XAVIER - Hey!

(As XAVIER arrives at the elevator the door closes shut in his face.)

XAVIER - Shareesa, wait!

(XAVIER pushes the elevator button. He then turns and quickly runs for the stairs.)

XAVIER thinks - The trouble I go through for that boy!

(XAVIER quickly makes it to the lobby and runs to the elevator. It opens and a few students step off before SHAREESA does.)

XAVIER - Shareesa, let me holla at you for a minute.

SHAREESA - Forget it, Xavier. You don't have to stick up for Gregg anymore.

XAVIER - I'm not?

(SHAREESA walks past XAVIER.)

XAVIER - Shareesa, wait.

(SHAREESA turns around.)

SHAREESA - What are you gonna say, Xavier? Gregg didn't mean to lie? Gregg has my best interest at heart? Gregg loves me?

XAVIER - No, I'm not gonna say any of that. I actually want to ask you a question.

(silence)

XAVIER - What in the world are you doing here in the first place?

SHAREESA - Huh?

XAVIER - Shareesa, what are you doing here? Why are you still running behind Gregg?

SHAREESA - Running behind . . .what?

XAVIER - Shareesa, you need to let go. You need to move on. I know it's hard; it must be. It must be mad hard. But you have to be strong and let go. You have to for your own good.

(SHAREESA is staring back at XAVIER.)

XAVIER - I know Shareesa, I know.

(XAVIER grabs SHAREESA and hugs her to console her.)

XAVIER - I know. It must hurt. But be strong, girl. Be strong.

SHAREESA - Z?

XAVIER - Yes.

SHAREESA - Let me go.

XAVIER - Oh. . .okay.

(XAVIER lets go and backs up a step.)

XAVIER - You think you?re gonna be okay? Will you be able to move on with your life?

SHAREESA - Xavier, do you know what I was here for?

XAVIER - I thought you were here to try and get Gregg back.Or something.

(SHAREESA laughs to herself.)

SHAREESA - No Z. I didn't come back here to try and get Gregg back or because I can't move on.

XAVIER - Oh. Well, then why are you here?

DELL - Xavier!

(XAVIER turns toward the front door and sees DELL walking in.)

DELL - Glad you're already here Xavier. I need to speak to both you and Gregg. Upstairs. Now!
:: NEW PAGE ::

SCENE 3

BUCK and JUNE are coming out of the movies together.

JUNE - I can't believe you didn't like it.

BUCK - I didn't say I didn't like it. I said it was. . .uh?

JUNE - What? What?

(JUNE playfully stands in front of BUCK and tries to look him in his eyes, even though he is much taller.)

BUCK - . . .I said it was . . .okay.

JUNE - Okay? Just okay?

(JUNE grabs BUCK's hand as they continue walking.)

BUCK - Overall, it was good. But come on J, do you think that dude would really start dating the leader of the dance squad? She was a senior and in a sorority. And he was a freshman. Come on.

JUNE - You forgot one thing.

BUCK - What?

JUNE - She was fine. Wasn't she?

(JUNE smiles at BUCK.)

BUCK - She was? Oh, well I really didn't notice.

(BUCK tries to hide his smile.)

JUNE - Yeah right! You thought she was fine! Say it! Ha ha ha ha!

(BUCK swings JUNE around and hugs her.)

BUCK - I didn't think she was finer than my baby. And that's the truth.

JUNE - Mmmmmm hmmmm. Tell me anything.

BUCK - As long as it makes you smile.

(BUCK laughs as he kisses JUNE.)

JUNE - If you weren't so handsome, yourself, I wouldn't fall for all your tired?

(JUNE hits BUCK in the arm playfully.)

JUNE - . . .lines. Ha ha ha ha!

TY - Whoa whoa whoa, don't beat my bruh up.

(BUCK turns around.)

BUCK - What's up, bruh?

TY - Hey y'all. Hi June how you doin'?

JUNE - Good Ty, how are ya?

TY - I'm good. Just came out from seeing "Drumline."

JUNE - Okay, so let me ask you.

(JUNE smirks at BUCK; then turns to TY.)

JUNE - What did you think of it?

TY - It was off the chain! I loved it!

JUNE - Uh, huh. I thought so.

BUCK - Oh, brother.

JUNE - You need to talk to your boy here. He didn't like it.

BUCK - I didn't say I didn't like it. Don't listen to her, Ty.

TY - I thought it was great. Just like how Ahpla's band always beats Amgis's band.

BUCK - Oh brother! Not you, too! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(They all laugh.)

JUNE - Ty, who did you see the movie with?

TY - I went to see it by myself.

JUNE - By yourself?

TY - Yeah, I just came out here and checked it out. Last minute decision.

JUNE - Oh. So you're not seeing anyone?

TY - Naw, I'm just chillin?.

JUNE - Really?

BUCK thinks - Oh brother, here it comes.

JUNE - So Ty, what are you getting ready to do right now?

TY - Right now? Um, nothin'.

JUNE - Well, we were gonna go get something to eat. You wanna join us?

TY - Oh no, I'm okay.

JUNE - No really, it's okay. Isn't it, baby?

BUCK - Yeah man, we're gonna eat right here. Hang out with us.

TY - Are you sure? Three's a crowd.

BUCK - Naw, it's cool dog. Come on.

TY - Aight. Cool.

(BUCK steps aside so JUNE can walk first and sit down. BUCK whispers to TY.)

BUCK whispers - Eating with us is the least of your worries, dog. Now you gotta deal with lady Cupid over here.

TY - Huh?

(They sit down.)

JUNE - So Ty, you aren't seeing anyone, huh?

(TY nervously looks at BUCK, who smiles, then looks at his menu.)

TY - Uh. . .no, June. Not seeing anyone.

JUNE - No girlfriend back home or anything.

TY - Aw, naw. We broke up freshman year. You know how that is.

JUNE - Yeah. Shame.

TY - Well, I'm cool. It's no shame.

JUNE - Oh, don't get me wrong. I know how you feel. People don't necessarily have to have a girlfriend or boyfriend or anything.

(JUNE pulls her cell phone from her bag.)

JUNE - There's nothing wrong with just chillin. Ya know?

BUCK - Then why are you pulling your cell phone out?

(BUCK laughs as JUNE dials.)

JUNE - You hush.

TY - Um. . .you don't have to?

JUNE - Oh, it's alright.

(BUCK shakes his head at TY.)

BUCK - Just hold on for the ride, bruh. It?s too late now.

(TY laughs and then leans toward BUCK.)

TY whispers - Yeah but who's she calling?

JUNE - Hey girl it's June. Is PJ home?

No comments: