Thursday, January 3, 2008

Episode 49

AURORA ALEXIS is in the bathroom with her Big Sister GAMMA RAMMA, PAULA. They are discussing ALEXIS' ex-boyfriend and PAULA's current boyfriend -- BOBBY.

(ALEXIS checks her face in the mirror.)

AURORA ALEXIS thinks - I love my big sisters! We just need to get this all out in the open, and put it all on the table. If they can be mature about this, then certainly so can I!

(PAULA walks into the bathroom.)

PAULA - Hey.

AURORA ALEXIS - Greetings, Big Sister Gamma Ramma!

(PAULA closes the door behind her...and locks it.)

PAULA - Listen up...I don't care how long you dated Bobby; he's my man now, so get over it!

AURORA ALEXIS thinks - Huh?

(silence)

PAULA - Did you not understand what I just said?

AURORA ALEXIS - Um...

PAULA - Um? Um? I don't believe um is a correct way for you to answer
me...Aurora!

(PAULA takes a step toward ALEXIS.)

AURORA ALEXIS - I understand Big Sister Gamma Ramma!

PAULA - And let me tell you something else!

(PAULA gets in ALEXIS' face.)

PAULA - My sorors have been babying you since this process started! But Gamma Ramma don't play that! You let a good man go and you have no one to blame but yourself!

(ALEXIS is looking PAULA directly in her eyes.)

PAULA - What you need to do is stop focusing and playa hatin' on my man and pay some attention to Quinton! Handle your business!

(ALEXIS is trying to keep her composure.)

PAULA - You...you look like you?re upset with me Aurora. You look like you are trying to keep your peace...like you want to jump bad with me!

(PAULA takes her earrings off.)

PAULA - I mean, we can take this to another level if you want! I'll fight for my man! What's up? What you wanna do?

(ALEXIS closes her eyes in anger. PAULA starts to take off her rings.)

PAULA - What you wanna do Alexis? Huh? What you wanna...

(ALEXIS leaps forward and tackles PAULA. She grabs her by the neck and falls on top of her. Paula hits her head on the side of the tub.)

PAULA - Aaaaaaaah!

CANDACE - What was that?

JENNIFER - I don't know!

CANDACE - Are they fighting up in the bath...

AURORA ALEXIS - I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

CANDACE - Oh, my God!

(ALEXIS is on top of PAULA and choking her. PAULA is gasping for air.)

AURORA ALEXIS - I hate you!

CANDACE - Paula! Alexis! Open the door. Open the door!

PAULA - Aaaaaaaah!

(PAULA is choking and trying to breathe. She is swinging wildly trying to get ALEXIS off of her.)

ROSALIND - Alexis! Open the door, right now!

(ROSALIND and CANDACE try to bang the door open. It doesn't work. PAULA
manages to inhale just enough to be able to scream for help.)

PAULA screams - Help me! Get off!

(ALEXIS starts to smile.)

PAULA - Why are you smiling!

(ALEXIS doesn't answer.)

PAULA - Aurora! I said, why are you smiling?

AURORA ALEXIS - Huh?

(ALEXIS snaps out of her daydream.)

PAULA - What are you smiling about?

(PAULA is still in ALEXIS' face.)

AURORA ALEXIS - Oh...I was just thinking...how silly I was to let something like this...bother me...Big Sister Gamma Ramma!

PAULA - Hmmm. Well, pay attention! Like I was saying...you got a man now. Pay more attention to him, and stop worrying about mine! You got more important things to learn and to worry about other than who the heck your big sisters are dating. You got that?

AURORA ALEXIS - Yes, Big Sister Gamma Ramma!

PAULA - Good! I don't want to hear this come up again! You have two minutes to fix your face. When you come out of this bathroom, you better be composed and ready to pledge. All the babying stops right now. Understand?

AURORA ALEXIS - Yes, Big Sister Gamma Ramma!

PAULA - Good. You got two minutes!

(PAULA turns, unlocks the bathroom door, walks out and closes it as she
leaves. ALEXIS drops her head and sighs. She then quickly reaches into her pocket and pulls out her cell phone.)
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 2

JERREL has come to visit GINA to explain why he cheated on her and she is throwing him out. In the process, she has a surprise visitor.

(GINA stands up and walks toward the door.)

JERREL - Wait...let me finish!

GINA - You were finished with me when you were kissing that girl in your car!

(JERREL gets up and follows her toward the door.)

JERREL - See I can explain that...if you just...

GINA - Tell it to somebody that cares! Now leave!

JERREL - But...

(GINA opens the door and is surprised to see MIRI standing there in a Phi Beta Sigma T-shirt.)

GINA - Miri!

JERREL - Who?

(JERREL peaks from around GINA and sees MIRI in the hall.)

JERREL thinks - Who the heck is the Sigma?

MIRI - Hey...is this a bad tim...

(GINA leaps and jumps on MIRI and hugs him. She almost knocks him over.)

GINA - Oh, my God! Congratulations! You did it! You're a Sigma!

MIRI - Hey! Ha ha ha! Thank you! Thank you!

(GINA lets go of MIRI and kisses him.)

JERREL thinks - What the...

GINA - I am so happy for you!

MIRI - Thanks! Gosh! Ha ha ha ha ha!

JERREL - Ahem.

(GINA turns around and JERREL steps into the hallway to join them.)

JERREL - Gina, you didn't introduce me to your...friend.

GINA - Oh...my bad.

(GINA takes MIRI by the hand and leads him toward her door.)

GINA - This is Miri. Miri just crossed into Phi Beta Sigma.

JERREL - Oh.

MIRI - Hey man, what's up?

(GINA and MIRI step inside.)

GINA - And Miri...this is...

(SLAM)

GINA thinks - Good riddens!

MIRI - What was that about? If you had company, I could've come back.

GINA - Heck no. That fool ain't company. You are much more important to me!

(MIRI smiles.)

GINA - So let me take a look at ya!

(GINA turns MIRI around.)

GINA - Poetic Justice, huh? What a perfect name!

MIRI - Yeah! We all have court names. The name of my line is Case No. 1914: Trial by Jury.

GINA - Cool! I like that.

MIRI - Me too! I love it!

GINA - So, how do you feel?

(MIRI thinks about his answer.)

MIRI - I feel...I feel elated! Overjoyed! I feel so happy! I am tired! I am sleepy! But I am happy!

GINA - Good, you look happy.

MIRI - Part of that is because of you.

(silence)

GINA - Me?

(GINA tries to hide her smile but can't.)

GINA - Why me?

MIRI - Because for most of the time when I was pledging, I thought about seeing you after I finished. This is the actual vision that I had in my mind while I was going through all that mess as a Crescent. And finally this day has come for me!

(MIRI smiles a big smile.)

MIRI - I finally can look at you through the eyes of someone Greek. We have that in common now!

GINA - Yeah. I have looked forward to this day as well.

(silence)

(MIRI steps closer to GINA.)

MIRI - Gina, through all the hectic stuff the big brothers put us through to get Phi Beta Sigma, throughout all that, all I could think about was you.

GINA - Awww!

MIRI - I'm serious.

GINA - I know you are.

(silence)

GINA - I missed you, Miri.

(They hug.)

(MIRI whispers in her ear.)

MIRI whispers - I missed you too.

(MIRI and GINA come face to face and begin to slowly kiss each other.)

GINA thinks - Oh, Miri!

MIRI thinks - Oh, Gina!

(MIRI holds GINA tighter and draws her closer.)

GINA thinks - Oh...oh...no...no!

(GINA stops and pushes MIRI away.)

MIRI - What? Gina what's the matter?

(GINA backs up but doesn't speak.)

MIRI - Gina...what's wrong?

(She waits a second before she answers.)

GINA - Before we get anything started, I need to find out...

(GINA puts her hands on her hips.)

GINA - ...what's up with you dating Mona when you and I broke up?
:: NEW PAGE ::


SCENE 3

MIKE enters the elevator to go downstairs. As he is going down, the door opens and he is confronted with a new-found enemy.

(The elevator door opens and MIKE gets in. He pushes the button for the
lobby.)

MIKE thinks - Yep...everybody hatin' on those Notorious Nupes! But I'm gonna show all them haters the deal! All of ?em!

(The elevator stops on the fourth floor on the way down.)

MIKE thinks - Dag!

(As the elevator door opens, QUINTON steps on and stops in his tracks as he and MIKE come face-to-face.)

MIKE thinks - Oh, shoot!

QUINTON thinks - Oh, shoot!

OCTAVIA - So, I understand what you're saying Q, but you have to understand her as well. Alexis is going through a lot right now, trying to do what she has to do. Ya know?

(QUINTON pauses for OCTAVIA to enter the elevator first. She steps on and smiles at MIKE. QUINTON then follows her on. She stands between them as the elevator doors close. QUINTON and MIKE are staring at each other.)

OCTAVIA - You're gonna have to try and deal with the fact that a lot is going on in her mind right now. I don't even think it's a matter of her
wanting...him. It's just that a lot of pressure is on her to remember things, perform for the ladies, and finish her stuff.

(QUINTON isn't paying attention.)

OCTAVIA - I can relate to how you feel though. I know it's hard for me to focus at times because I miss Donte being here. Long distance relationships suck! Ha ha ha ha, but it's so cool when he comes back to visit, or when I go to see him on the weekends. But, that focus is hard to get back sometimes. And that's what you're gonna have to do. Get that focus and help her as much as you can.

(The elevator doors open on the first floor, OCTAVIA steps out still speaking to QUINTON.)

OCTAVIA - What you should do is...

(QUINTON turns as he is following OCTAVIA.)

QUINTON - Stay out of my way, young buck!

MIKE - Next time, you won't have AKAs to protect you!

(QUINTON ignores MIKE's comment and walks down the hall with OCTAVIA. MIKE grabs his cell phone and walks out the front door. He dials and it is ringing.)

MIKE thinks - What was her name again? Uh...uh...she said it...uh...oh yeah! Alexis!

MONA - Hello.

MIKE - What's up Mona, it's Big Mike.

MONA - Hey man.

MIKE - Question for you. Do y'all have a girl named Alexis pledging AKA?

MONA - Pledging AKA? I haven't started my line yet.

MIKE - Oh okay. Just checkin'.

MONA - I'll let you know when I do though, so we can have that Alpha-Kappa-Alpha-Psi thing goin'.

MIKE - No doubt. I'll speak to ya lata.

(MIKE hangs up and dials again.)

CHRISTIAN - Hello?

MIKE - Hey, it's Big Mike.

CHRISTIAN - Hi...listen I'm kinda busy right now, can I call you ba...

MIKE - Just wanted to ask you a quick question. Do y'all have a pledgee named Alexis right now?

CHRISTIAN - Who told you that we have any pledgees at all?

MIKE - Nobody. Just wonderin'.

CHRISTIAN - Well, then keep wonderin'. Bye Mike.

MIKE - But...

(CLICK)

MIKE thinks - Dag!

(MIKE dials again.)

JENNIFER - Hello.

MIKE - Paula?

JENNIFER - No, this is Jenn. Who's this?

MIKE - Oh, this is Mike.

JENNIFER - Mike?

MIKE - Kappa Mike.

JENNIFER - Oh! Hey!

MIKE - How you?

JENNIFER - Stressin'. But, isn't everyone?! Ha ha ha.

MIKE - I understand that! Say, where's Paula?

JENNIFER - Oh, she's talkin' to Alexis. You need to speak to her?

MIKE thinks - Yes!

MIKE - Uh...no. It's not too important. Just tell her that I called and to call me back okay?

JENNIFER - No problem. Talk to ya lata.

MIKE - Thanks, Jenn!

(They hang up and MIKE puts his phone away.)

MIKE thinks - So...Quinton's girlfriend is pledging Sigma Gamma Rho, huh? Hmmmm. Now how can I use that to my advantage!

No comments: